Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:38 PM   #1

I am using RAW2NEF but I need a way to batch files because I have thousands of pages to convert from the *.JPG raw that the Z2 puts out, to *.NEF in order for PS to read them.

Does anyone know how it can be done?

Thanks in advance...

mcquicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:41 PM   #2

I suppose that you use the raw2nef setup, which adds new command in the menu that appears when clicking on a .JPG with right-mouse button. If you don't select the "Verbose" option no message (nor new window) will appear when converting a file, so selecting multiple files JPG-RAW and converting them to NEF by clicking right-button mouse on one will be easy.

For working with PS I'd recommend to create a droplet in order to make some standard adjustment to the images and saving as JPG.

Hope this will help you. Sorry about my poor english.
Mato34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 1:37 AM   #3

I'm curious. PS7 & PS8 both read all the file formats from my A2. Have you contacted Adobe to see if they have a patch so your files can be read without conversion.

Irfan Viewer has a batch function which I use all the time to convert files from one format to another, also will rename files to mypreferences. Irfan reads my A2's MRW files as well as all the JPG ones, too.

Irfan seems fairly responsive to requests for modifications so if your JPG files can't be read, ask him to include that capability in his next version.

TerryThomas_Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote