Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 30, 2002, 10:12 AM   #1
Default 7i low light advice

I've had mixed results shooting indoors, I use a tripod and a remote cord for the camera shake, some shots look great, some look grainy. I'm shooting some bodiour (spelled wrong?) shots of my best friends wife for him as a Christmas present, and don't want to screw up, what advice can I get, I try to start shooting on Pro Auto, what should I change from there, I use red eye flash setting w/ no external flash, maybe an ISO change? Any advice would be appreciated, I'd like this to come out nice,
Upalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2002, 1:48 PM   #2

Try ISO100 manually, the camera usually switches to 200 on Auto @ least with the flash on, also decrease the contrast (-3) and sharpness to soft (-)... It should help in the boudoir category ops:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2002, 2:12 PM   #3

I concur that shooting manual is a good bet. Try to use as much ambient light as possible and no flash if you are'nt using any off camera flashes and gels. On camera flash can be kind of 'cold'. Also you are getting camera shake from too slow a shutter speed, and the tripod aint helping if your subject is still movin! Try 1/250 and f5.6 if you can get enough ambient light. If she is lying down and you are shooting with her feet closer to you and her head away do a flex focus on her face (this in combination with a f5.6 and fairly wide angle will try to keep the rest of her body in focus). What looks good for standard portrait lighting may not be so good for this particular type of photography. (I speak from experience!!)
Binji7 is offline   Reply With Quote