Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 8, 2005, 7:08 AM   #1

Anyone had quality problems with their A200 as i have heard that people have trouble with their A2s?
I hopefully could live with the AF and bad cycle times but not if its on service all the time!
Henrik L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2005, 9:14 AM   #2

What can I say? Had the A200 since January. 6700+ images and still clicking. Some hundreds in freezing weather including overnight backpacking on snow. Haven't had to deal with heat, but summer beckons.

Best, Cliff
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 2:38 PM   #3

about the AF...

i have had the camera for a week now...
It takes some time to get used to, and i needed to change a few seting of the auto to make my life simpler.

i had problem with the AF , the camera locked focus alright but many times not on the subject i wanted in focus.
i changed the AF mode to "Flex Focus Point" and now the camera locks focus super-fast and right where i want it.

grayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 12:12 PM   #4

I've been using my new A200 since February without any mechanical fault. The efficacy of the operator is another matter.

The A200 (and me) have survived hot, humid conditions in the Amazon, water spray in Iguasu and bumpy rides in the Pantanal.

bacs57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 10:36 AM   #5

I've had mine for a couple of months (about 1,300 pics), and have had zero problems.

There are a couple of dead pixels on the flip-and-twist LCD screen, but I didn't even notice them until I read a forum post and looked for them.

Focus is just not a problem in most places and lighting conditions. I quickly learned to spot those conditions (they're in the manual) and check the square that indicates where in the scene the focus locked. I suspect what is really generating a lot of the concern about focusing is that KM programmed the A200 to indicate focus lock with less of a safety margin than some other cameras, where other cameras might just refuse to find focus altogether. You can't just assume that if it locked focus, everything is perfect; but the A200 locks focus correctly in situations where some other cameras wouldn't. It's a good trade-off for me.

The "bad cycle times" is a non-issue in my book too. In decent light I get great cycle times. In low light I get "Processing..." while the camera does noise reduction. If I turn off noise reduction, I get the same very good cycle times I get in good light.

All-in-all, I'm very satisfied with the camera.
Victor S is offline   Reply With Quote