Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:42 AM   #1
Default I dropped my camera! Help!

I should 've known better but I dropped my camera off the chair. I can still take pictures but when I connect using the usb cable, the computer says no pictures on the camera when I have more than 10 in it. well, at least I could still download using the advanced features ie, the computer could still link to the card and download the files.

Is there any way I could fix this problem or test for any other failures? Should I send it in and will minolta be able to fix it without much hassle?

The camera was in a soft pouch/camera bag when it fell to the floor and luckily no physical damage was observe on the outside and lens are still intact. Is there any software that I could use to just check out the damage done?

Any suggestion would be most welcome.

Si Nan
snsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2002, 6:17 PM   #2

just test a few normal functions, if OK, pretty much the camera is fine. believe it or not, those cameras are very durable.

a friend of mine dropped his 7i camera on cement floor 8ft from a loading dock . Except some scratches on the camera body, verything works fine. (the camera did reset itself though)

if u want sleep well at night, then send in and ask minolta checks it out. of course, the warrant will be void as soon as they know it dropped.

but if i were u, i would not be bothered by the accident. life is too short (especially digital camera), enyoy it.
zhu001 is offline   Reply With Quote