Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 29, 2005, 1:47 AM   #1

I've read numerous posts that the image qualityDimage Z2's indoor/low light imagesis poor. Any comments to prove or disprove that??
hc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2005, 4:36 PM   #2

Let me preface this with a disclaimer that I am a novice photographer.

I have had the Z2 for about a year now and I have not had any luck getting indoor/low light pictures to be acceptable (no noise)without usingthe flash or a tripod. I have tried several different manualsettings (ISO and F-Stop) that were mentioned in these forums, but the pictures look just as bad if notworse. That is my one and only complaint with this camera.

My wife absolutely hates the camera for this reason. She just wanted a point and click solution, which this cameracan be innormal light, outdoor use or indoor usewith the flash. The pictures this camera takes under those conditions are incredible.

I would steer away from this camera if you are primarily taking indoor pictures.
FastangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:17 AM   #3

Well, I have no major compliants about this, in indoor w/o flash and low-ligth photos.

I find ISO 50 an ISO 100 are quite usable, and the main caution I take is to select the right white balance. AF works very well with typical room lighting, getting worse if level ligth goes down (obvious), but still more than enough.

I can post some photos if you want. Just tell me in which situations.

See you.
Mato34 is offline   Reply With Quote