Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 10, 2003, 12:55 PM   #1
Default Just got Minolta Dimage 7i

Well on recommendation of a friend i got me a Minolta 7i. Havent gotten to really play with it yet.
Are any issues with the camera i need to know about? Are there any tricks to geting it to focus better and to get better pictures? I upgraded from 3mp Nikon Coolpix...And figuring that camera out took me a while.

Well thanks for any suggestions,
andrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2003, 2:55 PM   #2

When using auto focus in wide area mode, the red brief rectangle confirm the focused zone, check if it's what you want to focus (not to blame the camera after!) , or better, try/use spot autofocus.

Watch not to hit accidentally the focus AF/MF button, you may think it was on AF when itís not the case.
( a good reflex is to look for a AF confirmation signal everytime, I have this reflex since I use 35mm autofocus film camera)
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:41 AM   #3

I agree with KCan. I almost always use spot focus now. In my opinion, and some others, the D7xs tend to be a little on the contrasty side and over expose slightly. As a result, highlights are often blown. I find that reducing the contrast and exposure comensation and saving them in custom settings helps. It is easy to correct for under exposure and enhance contrast during editing. On the other hand there is nothing you can do about a badly blown highlight.

Take your time and don't get frustrated. De a lot of practice shooting with various settings. I found there was quite a learning curve compared to other cameras.
charlibob is offline   Reply With Quote