Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:51 PM   #1

:?When I use the date imprint options a get a message saying processingon the screen for a few seconds.Has any one else seen this?
Bill2455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2005, 6:00 AM   #2

happened to me a few times... it's just the camera recording tha picture to the CF... nothing to worry about i supose
D3v1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:41 PM   #3

i get the same thing..is there anyway to stop it from saying "processing" and have it just previewt he image..i wanna be able to preview the image i took...and with it saying that i cant see it
Kirk Mcgirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:15 AM   #4

I just tried it and date imprinting adds a lot of processing delay.

I've also connected the "processing" message to noise reduction processing, but it's much shorter, less than 2 seconds.

If you don't need the date stamp recorded in the image, you can always get it from the EXIF data, and noise reduction can also be done in post processing.

With both date stamp and noise reduction off, I don't get the "processing" message at all.

Victor S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 3:40 PM   #5

I've had the processing come up a few times in odd occasions (I never use date stamping). Its a bit annoying when it happens as it greatly extends shot time.
I had it regularly recently when the ambient was very hot (32C) and wonder if the noise reduction also cuts in if the camera gets very hot (the CCD would be expected to generate more noise when hot). Disabling NR cured this problem.

I generally switch off NR in the menu until I need it.

stk is offline   Reply With Quote