Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 14, 2005, 1:03 PM   #1

I think I want a 8 megapixel camera with a 7 or higher optical zoom. I need the zoom to work in movie mode. Since I am old I need some sort of image stabilizing system.

Most pictures and short movies will be outside in the rocky mountains of a old steam train. The stills will be used for T-shirt transfers and the movies will be put on web sites. Other stills will be of jewelry.

Is there a better choice than the A200???

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2005, 2:24 PM   #2

You might be able to get a better video quality from elswhere - though it isn't too bad really - I've only used mine in the middle quality setting. The manual zoom is very helpfull. The pic quality is very natural, and there are lots of user adjustments should you want to fine tune things. - In this area then - I would say from the few of similar spec - choose the one that you like the feel and handling of as they are mostly pretty good. In a recent show down the A-200 came top amongst a handfull of Anti-shakers on test. Good antishake then, good pic quality, reasonable video. Others to look at are the longer zoom Nikon 8800, Panasonic FZ20 & 30, The Canon S2 (- but that is 5mp if that matters to you), The Olympus C-7070 & 8080.
Obviously I liked the A-200 and I am very happy with the quality.
Good Luck
Geoff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote