Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:05 PM   #1

Hi folks, I just bought a Z6, a bit of an upgrade from my dinky Gateway camera

Has anyone used telephoto lenses for the Z6, and if so, what should I be looking for? Where can I find the adapter (from the amopunt pf research I was able to do I was able to surmise that I need an adapter). If I get the adapter, can I use any telephoto lens for digicams? Are there size limitations of the lens circumference (I think 52mm)

I'm completely uneducated in the arena of buying lenses for these digital cameras! I am a huge fan of wildlife and that is the main reason I bought the camera, and while the 12x zoom is terrific, there are times I need to get a closer shot without getting closer to the object, Im alsophysically limitedand cant always get certain places to get shots.

I truly appreciate any assistance anyone can render.
johnnynodough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2005, 1:49 AM   #2

Here is a link of raynox. They make lens for all camera brands. They dont still have for Z6 but I think it will be the same as Z3 or Z5.

The lens shown in the webpage are powerful enough for wildlife photography.

juandelacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:44 PM   #3

Whatever you do, it is best to try the lens with the camera first if posssible or at least buy with a return guarantee. Once I bought a Canon lens that a salesperson assured me would work well with my camera but it vignetted horribly. I had bought from B&H Photo and they allowed me to return it for refund with no hassle. Another time I bought a Raynox that looked like it would work fine with my camera but it vignetted mildly and was soft on the outer edges. By the time I cropped away these parts I might as well have just used the digital zoom. I ended up selling it at a substantial loss. Good luck.
profe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 1:10 PM   #4

I have a Z3, and I really enjoy it. I love what I get with outdoor nature pictures, and the ability to zoom in with weddings and other social events.

I am looking for info / reviews on the Raynox lens: DCR-2020 PRO 2.2x (converter). They say it works on Z6, Z,5, and Z3., with "260 lines/mm resolution at the center (MTP 30%), What ever that all means!.

Has anyone tried it? Or found any reviews on it?

JohnSt is offline   Reply With Quote