Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 11, 2003, 5:10 PM   #1
Default which camera?

I am considering buying a new camera. I have never owned a digital camera. I am not sure if I want 3MP or 4MP. I will just be taking pictures around the house and of family and friends. Does anyone have any recomendation of a good camera?

I have been looking at Sony S75 and S85 and Minolta S304 and S404 and the F100 4MP camera. I dont know if 4MP is really worth the extra money for me or not. I am leaning more toward the minolta F100 camera.

Thank you for your help.
emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2003, 7:39 PM   #2

I just got a Minolta Dimage F100 a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it! And highly recommend it. The pictures are great, the resolution is awesome, the features on the camera are extensive and the added ability to take video clips up to 35 seconds long is fantastic. You can use it as a simple point and shoot camera, or you choose to manually set any or all of the options including focus, f-stop, film speed, shutter speed, light compensation, etc. I did a lot of research and for the money this looked like the best camera. It has done nothing but exceeded my expectations so far and I've taken over 230 pictures/videos with it so far. It is super small so I can take it anywhere! It packs so much technology into such a small package for such a low price that I'm almost convinvced that they used something like alien technology to build it.

But, there may be one drawback to it. I had to go out and buy a bunch of accessories for it. That sort of caught me by surprise, and so buying the camera was just the start. I've since gone out and got a case, extra larger memory cards, rechargable batteries, a battery recharger, a card reader for my PC, a remote control for the camera, an AC adapter for the camera and next I plan to get a tripod for it. So if there is one drawback to this camera its that it doesn't come with much for accessories.

Now you can get by without all of this stuff and you don't have to buy all of these extras, but the rechargable batteries and a charger are a must.
Daddyfish is offline   Reply With Quote