Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 13, 2003, 9:52 PM   #1
Default F100 - Hows the software?

This might be a dupe posting....I didn't give my original one a Subject and it doesn't look like it posted.

Anyway, I ordered F100 today online and am anxious to get it. I already tried the Sony P7 and took it back (lousy pictures and absolutely awful software), and also the Canon S230 (no date stamp! Unacceptable!)

How is Minolta's software? I don't need anything fancy - simple is fine. But I'm hoping it's user friendly and has the ability to email a nice small image file that my recipients can see in full in their email window.

Feedback please? Thanks!
tomacl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2003, 5:29 PM   #2

I guess it's shipped with the same DIVU as D7 family camera.
I rarely use that software unless to convert raw files. I find that it's not very friendly (or I don't use it often enough to be comfortable with)
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 8:55 PM   #3

The software it comes with is called DiMAGE Viewer. It is up to version 2.10. You can upgrade your copy via the web.

It seems quite nice, but I have to admit I haven't used it much yet. It has all sorts of features. When you point it to a directory with your photos in it, DiMAGE Viewer can open thumbnail of each with all of the size, shutter speed, F-stop, etc. listed right below each picture.

Clicking on a given picture brings up more info about the picture as well as bar graphs for each color. From this screen you can manipulate the picture is all sorts of ways, must of which I'm still learning about.

It does come with a nice 84 page instruction manual that describes how to use all of the various options.
Daddyfish is offline   Reply With Quote