Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 15, 2003, 10:05 AM   #1
Default good batteries/charger for 7i?

So I got a 7i.
(see http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7217)
The batteries and charger seem to be a bit funky. Basically after the first round of charging (a couple hours) I got 2 shots out of it...
After the second round of charging (overnight) I still got only 2-3 shots out of it and then the battery was empty.
After the 3rd round I got about 100 shots even though the battery symbol never showed full, only 1/4 full.
Turning the camera off and on again after about 50 pics resulted in a full battery symbol... weird!

I want to get some extra battieries for the camera anyway.. any good brands to recommend ? Also are other (better?) chargers a worthwhile thing to get ?

DaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2003, 10:53 AM   #2

Go to Walmart and get the Rayovac 1-hr quick charger!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2003, 6:40 PM   #3

Also, take a look at the offerings at Radio Shack. They have a 4xAA charger for NiMH batteries (about 3-4 hours) that works on any voltage between 90 and 240 Volts. Very useful for international travel.

If you don't start getting a decent number of shots out of your fully charged batteries soon, you might want to consider having Minolta check the camera out.

My friend has a D7i that never got as many pictures per set of batteries that I could with my D7. Eventually his camera up and died completely.

I get about 90 shots (jpg) per set of 1800mAH NiMH's. No LCD, no autofocus. He claims he never got more than 50 shots per set., but he used autofocus, not sure about the LCD.

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2003, 8:10 PM   #4

I researched chargers for a long time before I bought the Maha MH-C401FS. It has both slow and fast modes and won't turn your NiMH
cells into a furnace. Microprocessor controlled (P4 3.06G....LOL) so after a full charge it goes into trickle mode and won't harm your batteries. I got mine at: http://thomas-distributing.com/

If you want some kick butt batteries check out the one's that Tomas Distributing has. I'd never buy anything less that 2000MaH.
They carry 2100's also AND word has it that the 2300's are soon to be available. Happy shooting!
bifunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 4:59 PM   #5

Here is a link for the C.Crane quick charger. www.ccrane.com/quick_charger.asp This is an excellent system for the price. Just got one and love it. DMAX
DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:13 PM   #6

I got the RipVan100 100 minute charger and 8 jetcell 1850maH batteries and am very pleased with the result. This is also a universal charger (90-240v) so good for international travel.

check the website:

good luck.
bujjai is offline   Reply With Quote