Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:40 PM   #1

Hello everyone! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a 7Hi about 3 years ago. I'm not a professional photographer but I have hopes to be one day. The 7Hi took incredible pics and never let me down... well except for battery life. Until one day something went wrong and I had to send it in for repairs. I sent it in to Konica Minolta and I just received a letter stating that they no longer carry replacement parts for the 7Hi and are offering a reconditioned A2. Is this a good thing? I'm not really concerned about the 8MP. I was justreally comfortable with the 7Hi and since I'm taking classes to learn the technical aspects of photography I'm curious to know if the A2 is an improvement.

mkronbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:10 AM   #2

The longer I have my 7hi, the more I like it. I think the A2 would be a good replacement, since the basic camera is the same, and there are not too many new things to learn. If the cost of replacing it isn't too high, you should be fine. I have seen also that the newest firmware revision gives some real improvements in reading and writing to CF card, which helps some other aspects too.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:16 PM   #3

mkronbach wrote:
are offering a reconditioned A2.* Is this a good thing?
What are you waiting for then?
Go for it while you can!
It's pretty much the ultimate prosumer even after this time.

First of all, EVF resolution is ~4x compared to all other digicams!
Also you get Anti-Shake which enables two-three stops lower shutter speeds which is especially useful with tele end.
And you'll be even more comfortable with it, two control dials make manual settings even more easier.
Battery life (Li-Ion) is really great.

Just read this comparison.

Someone who managed to replace 7i with A2 just in time when shops in Europe were running out of stocks.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote