Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 23, 2003, 10:57 AM   #1
Default f 100 vs f 300

My decision is down to these two cameras. After reviewing the specs. the only significant difference is the 4 to 5 MP resolution.
Did I miss anything??
Ron M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:32 AM   #2

the price ...
Elrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 9:11 AM   #3

Just purchased the F300 myself (my reason being I wanted a compact with manual features and the S45 was a touch too big for my liking).

The new features of the F300 are:

1. 5mp
2. Noise reduction feature
3. Supposedly improved A/f
4. Improved video mode ( 3 mins of 320x200, 15fps as opposed to 30secs)

Or as the blurb puts it:

New features include a centrally weighted metering mode, ultra-high-speed (UHS) continuous recording at seven frames per second and two clever functions that deal with the limitations normally imposed by low light levels. An automatic monitor amplification function adjusts monitor gain so that colour images are visible under less than ideal lighting conditions and an improved night movie mode is automatically activated when light levels fall beneath a certain point.
Despite its wealth of sophisticated features, the F300 is still a camera distinguished by its fast and virtually effortless opera-tion. The kind of simplicity that will make Minolta's new 5-megapixel digital compact camera an interesting proposition to hobby or business photographers alike.
The DiMAGE F300 is due to be released in February 2003.

- Scrawl
scrawl is offline   Reply With Quote