Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 10, 2005, 12:10 PM   #1

I do not know if this has been carried out before but would like to know the reactions out there. I have used both techniques but in different scenarios. For landscapes and city shots I have used the H/S layers ont the RAW format generated by the camera.

For portraits, I have used the internal processor to produce JPG images both regular monochrome or the sepia tint using Filter effect # 2.

I have always used the RAW format since the first day I learnt about it and seems to make sence to capture a digital negative first and then process it in the desktop darkroom. But my gut feeling and my eyes tell me that A2 does a GREAT job. Superb prints but well although I have been shooting color for a long long time, my foray into monochrome is relatively short lived.

So this is to just start a discussion between all Ansel lovers out there.

newagequanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2005, 1:29 PM   #2

Haven't tried monochromatic mode but there should be really nice amount of usable settings for finetuning those in camera.

Considering RAW shooting have you updated to newest firmware?
It makes RAW much more usefull. Write times with fastest cards are around 5 seconds.

Here's summary of write times
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote