Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:37 AM   #31

The @$$hole Sony technician does not give a $#!+ about what I described - the pic from Taolang which he uploaded is what's occuring to my A1.
montrosepatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 4:55 PM   #32

Looks like I'm getting the CCD error on my A1, same pic problems as some other folks (taolang). See attached.

Is the route to getting it fixed to send it to Sony usa? How are people finding their service, are they willing to fix old out of warranty a1's. Mine looks like new but is 3 to 4 years old.

Any advice appreciated I don't really want to trash my A1!

Attached Images
texasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:08 PM   #33

Texasboy, you've got nothing to lose. They fixed mine under the recall, no charge to me.

That said, I have noticed that it is not focusing quite right since then, and I see the lense shadow appearing in the upper left of my frames again. :{ Doggone it.

There has not been a problem with the anti-shake, however. I need to see about getting it looked at again.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:30 AM   #34

I sent my A1 back to Sony in Texas two weeks ago for the CCD recall and I'm supposed to get it back some time later today by UPS. The thing that ticks me off about Sony is the fact that I sent it in on a Monday, it was repaired the following Friday, but they sat on it for 6 days after it was repaired before they decided to ship it back.

I bought the camera about 3 years ago and it was out of warranty, but they fixed the CCD at no cost to me. They even paid the shipping both ways.

I just hope that the camera operates as well as it did before the CCD crapped out on me. If not, I guess that's a good excuse to buy a DSLR.
Phantom309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 6:38 PM   #35

Hi this my first posting i have just found this forum thread i purchased a DiMAGE 7i in September 2005 and have used it quite happily since then however it has started to play up with how can i describe it colour distortion to the top of the image sorry cant put it another way.I took it into my local camera shop Jessops and the guy said it was a sensor failure i presume he meant the ccd and said it wasnt worth repairing could i try and get sony to take the camera back to get it checked out in light of these noted failures can anyone advise.:sad:
hagman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:54 PM   #36

I just got my D7hi back from the Laredo repair center for the same problem. It was repaired at no cost, and they even took care of shipping it back at their expense. I should have been able to have it sent to them for free, also, but there was a problem with me getting the UPS shipping label.

Contact Sony at http://www.sony.com/repairs

Fill out the online repair tag. I think my problem was calling them on the phone. The person I spoke with obviously wasn't using english as a first language, hence the mixup.

The did tell me there is a six month warranty on the repair.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 5:47 PM   #37

Hi just to let anyone know in the United Kingdom i have just got my DiMAGE 7i back from repair with the CCD Replaced took about 3 weeks good job ifound this forum and the problem with the camera i would have just got rid of it for spares my thanks to all at Steves Digicams top people.
hagman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 9:53 AM   #38

I am in the UK and have a dimage A1 with a failed ccd.Is it possible to get it repaired free by sony as part of their recall? Mine is out of warranty.

mcbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:52 AM   #39

It's my understanding that they have been repairing them at no charge if the issue is a defective CCD, even out of warranty. Here's a contact list for repair centers in Europe:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 1:49 AM   #40

The CCD failed on a trip this week and I found this forum when I googled Minolta A! ccd problem. The symptoms were a magenta colored view finder with a severly distorted image. Fortunately I found out about the recall, even for cameras out of warranty, on this site.

Ihad to track down a contact by going to Good Guys, which sold me the camera back in 2004. After being walked through an attempt at refreshing the software, I was emailed arepair invoice and a seperate UPS shipping label - all at no cost if the problem indeed is the CCD. The U.S. repair facility is still in Laredo, TX.

I don't have the telephone number, but it was an (877) number. Unofrtunately, the number is written down on the back of the sales receipt now on its way to the repair center.

The address I shipped it to is Laredo Repair Center; 10227 Crossroads Loop, Laredo TX 78045. I believe it may be listed as the Sony Repair Center.
leklawman is offline   Reply With Quote