Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 4, 2003, 6:03 AM   #1
Default Minolta S414 Lowest Prices?

Hi All,
What is the lowest price that anybody has paid for S414.
Is the Digicam better then the S404, or just minor upgrades?
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2003, 9:15 AM   #2

Maybe not the lowest price you could find out there, but I just bought one from J&R for $357, including shipping. They have a spot on their website where you can request a price match. So I used pricegrabber to find the lowest price and they matched it.

I've ordered from J&R before (a home theater system) and I've found them to be reputable. Camera shipped yesterday and I'll hopefully have it by Monday at the latest.

{edit} pricegrabber now lists "bottom line prices" <$340.
amcdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:46 AM   #3

I only consider buying from sites that state that their products have a US warranty. The best price from a reputable site I've found is $332 from Digital Megastore. If you want the best price with an extended warranty, Digital Foto Discount Club has it for $340 and they have the best extended warranty prices I've seen, by far. The 414 is faster than the 404. Beyond that, I can't find any reliable info on improvements over the 404. I'm inclined to go for the 414 for an extra $30 or so. Minolta always has some worthwhile improvements when they replace a model, and unlike the 7Hi, which is almost twice the street price of the 7i, the 414 on some sites is selling for about the same as the 404.
mikebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:53 AM   #4
Default US Warranty

mikebek...good point and I agree. FWIW, J&R's cameras are factory new and come with USA warranty

Combined with having ordered from them before, that's why I used the price match to get a lower price from a vendor I trusted more than some of the "lowballers" on sites like pricegrabber. A lot of the articles and customer comments I read re: other companies had me nervous about buying a camera online.

Will follow up with comments when I receive the cam...
amcdan is offline   Reply With Quote