Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 14, 2003, 6:55 PM   #1
Default minolta s404 for concert use

would this make a good concert camera? also for macro stuff and everyday stuff.

im comparing with the powershot s30...ive been told about having a low light focus assist, or something...a 9 point AiAF system..??

can anyone help? is this a good concert cam?

uhhmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2003, 5:30 PM   #2

Take a look at the following taken at event similar to a concert.

My Pbase site has lots of other pictures taken with the S404,

This particular picture was taken from the nose bleed section about the third level of this arena. The only lighting was ambient lighting. No flash was used. The venue was a lion dance contest in Honolulu. Technically, the shot is NOT award winning quality especially from that distance. I did use digital zoom (approx 10X). The Exif info wll gives more exposure info.

I was just surprised that I was able to get something recognizable from that distance and under those lighting conditions. I should also mention that cameras were not allowed at the contest so I took this while the S404 was covered by a jacket sitting on my lap pointed at the action. The promoters were afraid that the dancers would be blinded by flash lights and quite rightfully so. The dancers did all their routines on the poles which are about 6 feet off the floor.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote