Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 19, 2003, 12:14 PM   #1
Default DiMAGE 7i Repairs -- NOT!!! --- Finally Correct.

I was using my new (July 02) 7i while in Thailand when it suddenly stopped working - complete melt down. The only thing that seemed to work was the data store light. Batteries placed in the camera quickly went dead.

I took the camera, with it's international warranty, to a Minolta authorized service shop in Bangkok but was told that they wouldn’t service the camera since it wasn’t purchased within SEA. So much for an international warranty. I was scheduled to return to the USA in Feb. so I wasn’t worried about getting warranty service.

I sent the camera in about two weeks ago to the Minolta service center in NJ and was pleasantly surprised to find it had been returned today and everything is apparently working properly. Fast service at no charge.

Kudos to Minolta.

:evil: Whoops! I will have to withdraw that kudos to Minolta.

I charged up a set of NiMH batteries while I was out then tried out my newly returned camera. I quickly found out that not everything was working correctly. First off I couldn't get the camera to display the grid in the EVF or on the LCD display. Secondly I noticed that the Auto switching between the EVF and the LCD didn't work. Finally I noticed that the data display on top the camera wasn't working. At this point I quit looking for new faults.

It appeas to me that there was some root cause for the earlier failure of the camera that wasn't addressed in the repairs just performed and that it is causing new problems. I will be shipping the camera back to Minolta again today. The unfortunate thing is that this costs about $15 or so with insurance.

I'll let you know how things turn out in about another two weeks or so when I get the camera back.

Ok, they got it right this time. Two times shipping at $15 each, but I guess it was worth it.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links