Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 23, 2003, 10:27 AM   #1
Default Need help with new S414

I have now gone thru 2 S414's in a week.

Purchased first one, put in Duracell lithium batteries (new), viewfinder shows fully charged battery icon, took approx 6 pictures and batteries show as dead, and camera shuts off. At time of camera purchased, I also bought a rechargeable pack. I put these batteries in, same problem as above.

Took camera back to place of purchase, they kindly exchanged it, and I again have the same problems.

I can't believe I can have this same problem with two new brand new cameras.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?
fremonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2003, 2:13 PM   #2

All digicam cameras draw a lot of current that can only be provided by special batteries and chargers: http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...hlight=rayovac

You need NiMh rechargeable with at least 1700mAh capacity, and a fast charger. A slow charger takes days, and leaving it overnight is sometime not adequate if it's the cheapy kind. I prefer the fast 1hr since this is the most I'm willing to wait... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2003, 4:23 AM   #3

I'm not sure what's the problem but i'm using some 2000mAh NiMh batteries and i can fill the a 256 CF card (about 160 shots) without changing batteries.
jbahseng is offline   Reply With Quote