Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 30, 2003, 4:34 AM   #1
Default minolta dimage 7, 7i and 7hi. Whats the difference?

Hey can anyone tell me briefly the difference between the two and whether a 7 model is still fine or should i go with the 7i instead?

Plus what are the cameras in the same category as the dimage 7 that rival it and are maybe even better??

shnobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2003, 7:08 PM   #2

The D7 was the original camera. But it had a few minor problems, the most noticable of which was a slow autofocus. So Minolta replaced it with the D7i, fixed the autofocus plus added some new features.

They also came out with a version 2 firmware upgrade for the original D7. This upgrade made the differences between the original D7 and D7i very small indeed. It fixed the slow autofocus and added many of the new D7i features to the D7.

Some of the new features were hardware, so those could not be fixed/added. Such as a microphone for recording sound annotation to photos.

Then along came the D7Hi. In addition to it's new black color, this camera sports a much bigger memory buffer, allowing for realistically shooting in RAW mode. It added a PC sync socket for external and studio flash. It also allows you to specify a color profile for your images (the D7 and D7i did not).

I am sure there are many more features that are different in both the D7i and D7Hi, but I think those are the more important ones. Plus I am sure others will weigh in with other items they think are important.

The top end Sony and Nikon's seem to be the main competitors to this camera.

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote