Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:14 PM   #1

What a time to have a problem with your Minolta product..:roll:

Well thats just my luck.. Just turned it on last night and no EVF..It automatically switches over, but just a black screen.. I dont think this has anything to do with the last update, because I've been using it fora few weeks now since the upgrade.

Everything else seems to be working fine.Has anyone else had an EVF gone bad?

I dont want to send camera in right now, dont think this would be a good time. But I was wondering if a local camera shop could handle something like this..hmm I wouldn't want it screwed up worse though..

Is there anything else I should be checking, or could do? Any input would be appreciated..

Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:44 PM   #2

Hope you get it fixed soon my friend, sounds like a Major Payne

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:44 AM   #3

Sounds like a contact problem and it may be easy for an expert to fix the best EVF ever.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:37 AM   #4

Have you tried setting it to EVF only? Not sure how this goes on the A2, but there should be three options somewhere, LCD only, Auto, and EVF only. If the problem is in the eye sensor, switching to EVF only should allow you to see with it. If this option is in the menu, system, though, it may not be a good idea, because if the EVF is dead, you won't be able to find you way through the menus again.

VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:12 AM   #5

Check also the grip sensor setting. Turning it off can be a good idea.

There is a feature that can be activated so that the EFV will only activate if you at the same time hold the handgrip. It's supposed to save some battery if the camera is kept on a tripod for example. The little metal sensors of the grip is supposed to react to moisture of your hand but as time passes they oxidize and are not as sensitive. Maybe polishing the metal tabs of the grip will increase sensitivity.

I have turned this feature off since I have no need for it myself, it's just awkward having to press the handgrip hard to get any reaction.
gunnar123 is offline   Reply With Quote