Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:30 PM   #1

I was a happy owner of a Z3 and made the decision to upgrade to the Z6 for the extra megapixels. I realize that the specs say it focuses about .05 seconds slower than the Z3. This seems to be true under normal lighting conditions. Under low light the Z6 seems to be much faster than the Z3. But what is stumping me is that in very bright light (like outdoors at a softball game in mid afternoon), it takes a long time to focus. My Z6 takes anywhere from .5 seconds to a full second to take a picture in bright light. As it focuses I hear something that sounds like the aperture adjusting. This occurs regardless of focal length and shooting mode.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think my Z6 is defective? With my Z3 it always focused and snapped the picture almost instantly when I pressed the button. Now with my Z6 I need to press and hold it for up to a second, and it's causing me to miss a lot of shots.
woodyu388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2006, 11:58 AM   #2

My Z6 does this as well. I was taking some shots, mid morning, with the sun to my left. As I turn into the sun to take pictures, the zoom got slower and slower.

Also, when I was trying to take a macro shot with the sun directly overhead of the subject (flower), it was so bright that my Z6 couldn't focus.
wasmith is offline   Reply With Quote