Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:43 AM   #11

Depending on what I'm doing with the shot:

I have a 404 so I need to go through Photoshop to run my ICC profile on them to fix the old minolta colorspace. I Burn a CD of the original JPEGS first.

Photoshop automatically asks if I want to convert colorspace- click yes-- adjust levels, curves, etc. if needed (depending if it's snapshot or one of my more "serious" photos). Sometime mess with cropping to proper 4x6 format depending on how tight or sloppy the composition is.

Resave as high quality jpeg (you can 100% preview in photoshop the original vs. the compressed). You can actually take a 2mb jpeg from the camera and turn it into a 3mb jpeg in photoshop and I rellay can tell no difference print at 8x10" or 100% view on screen between the 2.

I actually wrote an action that does entire folders at a time so I usually fire this up and come back later and assume everything is ok- if something wierd happens- I still have the originals on CD.

I used to resave as Tiff but determined upload times for an 11mb Tiff vs a 3mb Jpeg weren't worth it since I couldn't tell the difference (I have an online service print all of mine all glossy on photo paper). I guess the real test will be when I want a 16x20" print of something I've only shot in jpeg.
whittonj is offline   Reply With Quote