Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:17 PM   #1

I have bought a Kingmax 2 GB SD card for my Dimage Z5 but unfortunately I can not use it. Just after turning on the camera I get an "Unable to use card" message. I have tried to use the card with a Canon Ixus 55 and it works fine. I have also tried different cards with my Z5: 256 MB and 1 GB and it works fine with both of them.

I couldn't find any firmware version for the Z5 to upgrade the actual one . The camera runs on v1.00e.

I would apreciate any idea.

Ionux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:57 AM   #2

Yes, ich habe 4 Gb SD.
promavto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:23 AM   #3

Yes. The DiMAGE Z5 is compatible with 2GB SD Cards.

You can find a compatiblity chart here:

Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Compatibility Information

Note that KM only tests SD cards from Panasonic, Toshiba and Sandisk. That's because these three manufacturers designed Secure Digital, and most other manufacturers are just using rebranded components from the "big 3" (most others don't really manufacturer the components used in their SD cards)..

But, many other cards should work in it.

Have you tried formatting the card in the camera via it's menu choice for format?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 2:21 PM   #4

ive just purchased myself a dimage z5 and im pretty new to the 'decent' camera world but i need a memory card for it.

now obviously i would like to get the biggest or best i can so whats the verdict on the size/make of cards i can use since times have moved on and bigger better cards have come out and maybe more people have tried different cards.

im thinking of a 2gb sandisk or kingston 2gb..is that the limit?

dave g is offline   Reply With Quote