Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 19, 2006, 2:05 PM   #1

I have just started using the Dimage Viewer software to make corrections to some MRW raw files. I have a few questions that I wanted to run by other users to make sure that I am not missing anything obvious.

1: If you attempt to save a TIFF file using the same basename as the MRW raw file, the software won't let you do that! It will allow a JPEG file with the same basename, so why not a TIFF?

2: When I save a JPEG file, it wipes out all of the existing EXIF data from the original (e.g., User Comment, Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO, etc.) while adding other fields related to color profile. It does this even though it shows all the EXIF data in the side pane while working on the image. Once the new JPEG file has been written, I find that other EXIF tools (i.e., exiftool) can no longer write to certain EXIF fields such as Aperture, Shutter Speed, etc. Is there any way to preserve the original EXIF data?

3: What's the situation with the new Sony RAW format? Is it completely different from the MRW format? Does the new software that Sony provides with the Alpha 100 have the ability to manage existing MRW files?

Jeffery Small is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links