Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Oct 20, 2004, 5:43 AM   #1

wow what can i say? its a whole different world to my s4. the picture quality seems far better, the picture taking in dark rooms with the iso setting at 400 or 800 is great... no motion blur (shake) like on the s4! the surprising thing is that there is no manual focus? there was on the s4, even though it was unusable. it surprised me really.

as for the speed..... no noticable shutter lag... the s4 was pretty bad for that. and the zoom is incredible. the continuous shots is impressive even with crappy sd cards its still a shot a second with autofocus. i have a shiney new 512mb sandisk ultra II on its way at a bargain £26.99 + delivery (from HK) to take full advantage.

i have only had a very quick play around with it, and admittedly this is all based on my newbieness views.... but i am impressed. i'll get taking some shots and get some posted! i just need to work out what all the settings are now.... :roll:

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:04 AM   #2

Don't you just love satisfied Customers :-)

I'm not saying it's the best of its type ....but it sure is up their with it's rivals! A probably the fastest of them all.

Ain't it one versatile little bu**er!

It isn't perfect either. If Kyocera are watching .... here are my suggestions for the M410R Mk II

a) either a Flash hot shoe ...... or .......

b) a flash PC socket.

c) a remote control shutter socket (aswithits 35mm SLR cousins).... or ......

d) IR controller of the shutter (as with some of its 35mm compact cousins).

e) Move the tripod socket away from the battery cover.

f) Make the Set-up mode be viewable in the EVF .... for us spec wearers:-)

g) Make the Mode control dial a bit stiffer/positive.

h) Along side the zoom display in the EVF/LCD .... why not put a magnification factor figure e.g. 3x, 4x ,10x etc.

i) Some have suggested a Manual Focus mode ...... I personally am not sure why....but why not :? ...... you could use < and > on the joystick to control it.

Oh yeah! While I'm still dreaming ....... T* coat the lens, give it more Megapixs, magically make the noise vanish at highISO and include some sort of Image Stabilization system too!

Enjoy your M410R as it is now, and show us some pics.

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote