Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 1, 2005, 9:16 PM   #1

Hi everyone. I have a question that's been kind of bothering me. Last summer, my parents bought me a camera for my birthday, since I'd been bugging them about it, and since it was cheaper than a car (Hey, a girl can't have everything). They bought me a Kyocera SL400R, which is a really neat little camera, but seems to fall flat when it comes to certain features.

Anyways, I wanted to add a few photos to my art portfolio for my senior year of high school over the summer, and I was looking into Infrared (or Near Infra red?) photography. I found some really cool applications of it over the internet, from landscapes to astrophotography.After a little research on the net, I'm completely baffled over how I could achieve this with my camera, so I decided to ask you guys, since you all seem to know so much more about cameras and photography in general.

So, to make it short; is there any way I could get my SL400R to take infrared pictures? Even better yet, is there a solution that just attaches directly to it without making it too bulky?

Well, thanks for taking the time for this silly question, I appreciate it a lot, guys.
RemyK313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2005, 8:49 AM   #2

Hi RemyK313

I think that this link should answer most of your questions.

Remember that the Ky Finecam SL400R takes an adapter accessory (not supplied) that allows you to fit 28mm round filters. With various ringsor other fittings that will attach to the adapter, this will allow you to add other photographic items to the camera ..... or put the camera onto other devices. (telescopes, etc.).

If you would like to know any more after browsing the above link ...... just ask. :-)

We'd love to see your results of this .....or conventional photography.

Cheers, KK.

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 2:07 PM   #3

Thanks so much, KyoceraKid!
RemyK313 is offline   Reply With Quote