Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 28, 2005, 3:14 PM   #1

My finecam S5 broke on holiday when saving the 270th photo to a new 512md SD card. It switched off leaving the lens out and flash up. when I turn it back on, the kyocera screen appears in the lcd for about 10 seconds and then it switches off. Is there a fix for this? I don't mind taking a chance as I don't think it is worth a dealer repair as it would be better to put the money towards a new camera?? views please. However I like the camera as it fits in the pocket and takes good "snaps" & enjoy repairing things.
Thanks for any help/advice.

Bryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2005, 5:02 PM   #2

Today's cameras, digital, or otherwise, are generally quite complicated electronically and even electro-mechanically. Theskills and knowledge needed to pull an old Zenith E (or similar) apart, even quite competently, are quite different tothose needed to repair your S5. Frequently, it is more cost-effective to swap out a module than to try to repair it. Flexible micro circuit tracks and surface mount components make home repairs exceedingly difficult .... even for those used to handling such small components.

I wish you well with your experimentation!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:44 AM   #3

Any luck. My camera also concked off.
JoydeepB is offline   Reply With Quote