Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:08 PM   #1

Here are two shots of the same location with an interval less than 10 minutes taken with my Canon S70 at an ISO of 200 due to high Aperture value intended for a greater DOF.
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:14 PM   #2

Btw, it takes some 20 miles from my home to get there
Attached Images

Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:56 PM   #3

"Wine-dark sea" indeed. One almost expects a trireme to cross the point on the left, in your first photo.

A very difficult lighting situation, which was handled very well. Was there a lot of post-processing required?

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:04 PM   #4

Really nice photographs Bahadir.

The foreground isinteresting in number onebecause there is just enough light on the lower leftportion of the frameto add depth to it instead of being black.

Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:58 PM   #5

Barbarian, these shots are indeed for wine lovers and you've shown your connoisseurship once again I also liked your allusion of trireme.Alltogether, I must say the key vocabulary you used in this post signal to a tasteful mind...Another difficulty other than the lighting situation was the splashing water from the sea which offered serious threat to my camera while trying to arrange a good point of view for the shot! As a matter of fact some pp was required for the foreground to reveal the reflections from the sun. You know, it's sometimes very difficult to make the camera with a relatively poor D-max capture the beauty visable to your eyes
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:19 PM   #6

Andrew, these rocks of interesting shapes are usually wet with splashing waves and sparkle with beautiful colours from the sun in the evenings. Occasionally, there are some small bodies of water collected in the cracks to act like mirrors, too. As a matter of fact it was difficult to make justice to the scene with a medium any weaker than human eye! So I selected the foreground to enlighten via levels and to sharpen. Consequently I did not add anything to the image but tried to bring out the beauty compelled me.
Thank you for your interest and appreciation. Btw, how about the second shot ??
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:47 PM   #7

Hello bahadir! I love the light on the rocks in your first photo and the the wave action in the second. Very nice work as always! You are a very lucky fellow to have places such as this within a short distance of your home.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:47 PM   #8

Hi Bahadir:

Once again living were you do allows you to be like a painter with a blank canvas ready to capture scenes of great beauty.

Great photos.

Ross

quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:53 PM   #9

Beautiful ... I love the reflection of the sun in number 2
drewaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:24 PM   #10

Bahadir, you may have missed this from me in my opening comment: ''Really nice photographs Bahadir.''

This was equal treatment to your photographs but I seemingly paid more tribute to numberone and there was no need to simply because both pictures have very good technical quality and beauty. So the perceived lack of attention to number two is an error on my part.

Said inanother way, the comments on number one as it regards the lower left sparkling highlights can be said to have a saving grace to the shadows; not that the shadows without the highlights would have made any difference because the shadows alone would have led me to the light so to speak (the rest of the picture). Further, when I said ''black'' in my initial comment regarding number onethat too was an error on my part (seen at the time but ignored by me) because it seemingly indicated a lack of awareness to the rest of the photograph. And this would have been a mistake on my part.

Number two needed no explanation: the beauty and tranquility was seen throughout.

Finally, I've noticedyour photographs over the past three weeks and have seen the thought behindthem. As I saidto another photographer a couple of weeks ago, you and your camera have become one. Don't upset this rewarding companionship (by leaving your camera at home). :-)

Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote