Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 9, 2006, 4:16 AM   #1

Dear Friends!

Hi all! I was reminiscing through some photos from a year ago (actually this photo was taken 364 days ago... that is tomorrow it will be exactly a year since I made it.

And I decided to touch it up.. taken with my trusty Fuji F601 point and shoot.Since then I've bought a Canon DSLR 350D / XT, but my Fuji still goes with me everywhere (because it's small enough to!)

It was one of the most enjoyable short hikes I've been on (with two friends). Btw, in Australia (where I was born and grew up- we'd call it a "bush walk", not a hike!) The person on the right is one of the two friends who was on that walk. We only saw 2 other people for the whole 3 days we were on the walk! Weather was magificent!

What do you think.... any good? If you look carefully you can see two small shepherd huts cradled in the valley, facing each other.

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:53 AM   #2

beautiful! I love the transitions of colors and textures. must have been a great hike!
drewaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 1:10 PM   #3

Looks worth saving to me :-)

Lovely place to go walking too!

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:26 PM   #4

i'd say that's a keeper, Paul... lovely scenery, great colors, all in all a very nice shot! looks like some of the scenery in my part of the world!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:36 AM   #5

Drewaz,

Thanks for appreciating the colours and textures. So glad you like it! It was indeed a great hike... makes me want to do it again sometime soon... before winter sets in.

---------------

John,

ok I'll take your advice and save it on my HDD(phew, and just to think it was on a floppy disk about to be used as land-fill! :-)!) LOL Glad you like it enough to comment so kindly! Thanks for looking.

---------------

Squirl033,

Thanks for your all round kind and positive response! Indeed I do think maybe there would be parts around your neck of the woods which look similar... as I wrote in another post where you shared the Idaho shots.. some similarities indeed!

All the best,

Paul
Old Sep 10, 2006, 2:36 PM   #6

Including you hiking mate, your shot introduces a great landscape to hike! One woulod simply tend to figure out your route in this image
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 9:59 PM   #7

Imagine hiking through deep forested, Translyvanian mountain passes like that, at night, during a full moon.:evil:
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:51 AM   #8

Bahadir..

yes, "over the hills and far away"... that's the way we went! It was a fairly tough 3 day walk (in order to complete the circuit we wanted...)

Glad you love the landscape. Thanks for your kind replies, as always.

Paul
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:00 AM   #9

lesmore49 wrote:
Quote:
Imagine hiking through deep forested, Translyvanian mountain passes like that, at night, during a full moon.:evil:
Ha ha!! Good one! Transylvania and Dracula always fit together in the same sentence, right! :blah:

Actually, the first night we only got to our camping place when the sun was below the horizon, AND seriously we DID end up getting back to the car on the LAST night IN THE DARK! (and under a moon... but not quite a full moon thankfully!)

So here is a photo of the first night (when tents were quickly pitched)...

I don't know why I didn't post this before... it seems like quite a cool shot!

I'll try to post a photo of the last night when I have a bit more time... got to run now.

Thanks for looking lesmore49

Paul
Attached Images

Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:58 AM   #10

Very nice Paul. Lovely country in Dracula's back yard. I like the last photo too, but it could use a littel NR. Great scene though......cheers.........Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote