Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 12, 2006, 2:04 AM   #1

And the playful boys at the background are about to discoverthis! BTW, my zoomrangecould only reach 3.6 X(which Idid not benefited fromfully)against the patrolling wasps which are not visable in the pic Canon S70, aperture F/5, exposure t. 1/640, iso 50.

PS.I wasn't sure if it was a true close up I so posted here.

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2006, 6:40 AM   #2

This is a really interesting shot and confused me at first. I initially thought that the snake and wasps were seaweed, due to the coastal location! Personally I would not like to get any closer with a zoom, for fear of a sting on the nose!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 8:18 AM   #3

very intresting picture, at first i thought u had posted in wrong bit, thought it should be wildlife? but no i see it really is a landscape, nice "of the moment" picture

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"well done

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 3:19 PM   #4

Longside, thanks god you noticed first what is hidden in the image before it was lost forever As you see, I even risk being stung in the eye while providing you guys an image from the best possible view :-) Well, in fact these wasps are mostly harmless unless you get close to their nests.
Thanks for your interest.

Gary, thank you for the insightful consideration you put in my shot. That was exactly the dilemma I had to overcome to reach you In fact the murmuring underlying theme in my mind while shooting was that; on a mountain summit, you can come across a snake and an eagle at the same time but they had reached there differently.And then, as you see, to the snake there could be some awful things!..
Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:56 AM   #5

Bahadir,

Where is your manliness? They are but small things compared to your size and yet you want a larger zoom lens~!!!!

Oh, I get it .. this may be an argument for a new camera.. *S*.. It is a great shot Bahadir .. it looks like you are having fun.

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:46 AM   #6

Billwrote:
Quote:
Bahadir,

Where is your manliness? They are but small things compared to your size and yet you want a larger zoom lens~!!!!
Ha ha ha:lol:Come on, Bill! I only used halfthe 3.6x zoomon my camera. I had my first tennis lessons playing with thesecreatures when a kid.But, do not even try it:!: You know, the fox knows a hundred and one tricks while the porcupine knows only one, but it always works:G

On second thought, in fact, I do not really need a new camera but friends like yourself who'd taketheir moment toadd acomment such as this. So, thank you foryour hearty feedback