Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 14, 2006, 8:27 AM   #1

posted some a while ago, maybe 3 weeks, anyway here are 3 more to look at.

all from the Glen Coe area

the one above and below look like the same place, butthe shot above is maybe1/2 a mile away and is a small stream the runs out of the lake in the shot below, the stream runs through the rocks

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:32 AM   #2

I especially like the third shot, the colours appear nice and lush and the reflections are great. Top stuff. btw, did you have any bother with midges?
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:09 AM   #3

ahhh the scurge of scotland........midges!!

well they are there and u accept them, i know if we go to next village along from where we live for a beer and sit outside next to the river they bite more than scotland!!

they bite the wife occasionaly but just anoy me.

avon "skin so soft" seems to keep they at bay and most big campsites have midge busters what atract then kill em.

the campsite at glen coe we stayed at was small so didnt have one, so when the midges woke up we went for a pint at local pub.

dont let it put u off going it is a beautiful place if the weather is on your side, but that can change in minutes.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 1:15 PM   #4

Those are bang on! I really like the light in the first one, and the reflections and composition in the last two. Really isn't anything to choose between them. Looks like you had a good trip

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 1:51 PM   #5

I am impressed by the green texture of the hillside sloping down the valley as with the pretty creek. Looks so inviting. Do you think the dwellers of the house out there would mind offering a cup of coffeee?:-)
The second shot is simply beautiful displaying the depth of the water as well as the piercing blue sky through volumous white clouds...Yet the third one is magnificent! Perfect exposure is there displaying saturated, rich colours in a great composition. Looks like the secret paradise of hikers
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 6:13 PM   #6

All 3 are great shots reanimator. I like the last one best. The first is an excellent example of perspective. .....cheers........Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:53 AM   #7

Very nice work!

Andrew
shaggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:21 PM   #8

Just Beautiful!!! Reminds me (please forgive me, Brits ...nothing personal:G) of Ireland, especially around Kerry & Killarney National Park. I remember when I told my father that I was going to Ireland for vacation 2 years ago... his reply was "Ireland? why would you want to go to Ireland? Go to Scotland, if you want to see somewhere beautiful" So hopefully, I will get the opportunity to find if he was right or not! But I'm sure he is ...from these posts! Thanks!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:50 PM   #9

Ron

Ireland is nice.........we may be going there next summer for a tour around, but i believe its expensice to take the car.......needs looking into

on a similar note to what u said, i got a similar response when i went to Ohio, " what u wanna go there for, go to florida!" but i went to stop with a friend, saw a nicer side to america, the comunity spirit, and enjoyed it, yes its not a spectacular state but as its own beauty

glad u like the pics..........Gary