Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:25 PM   #1

Enjoy!

Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:29 AM   #2

Very nice. What time of day was it? Must have been not too bright out at all with a 30 second exposure, or were you using a filter?
elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:31 AM   #3

ISO 400 at 30 seconds! It was almost dark when this picture was taken. I didn't use any filters. I believe it was shot at either f8 or f11.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:12 AM   #4

Beautiful shot, nelmr! That's one for framing & hanging in your living room or den! Just awesome!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:42 AM   #5

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shot, nelmr! That's one for framing & hanging in your living room or
den! Just awesome!

Ron
Thanks. I'm just wish I didn't have to use ISO 400 but it was getting quite dark and taking a 2 minute bulb exposure without a cable release probaly wouldn't be a good idea because I would have to press the shutter twice which would cause some minor movement. Also it was getting dark rapidly so 2 minutes would have not allowed room for error either.

As such though, the ISO 400 shot had quite a bit of noise once I was done editing the picture and I am unsure what the max print size should be since noise reduction reduced details a bit. I am quite particular with landscape shots topping at 12x18 for my Rebel XT. For this image I am torn between 8x10 or 10x13. What do you guys think.

To see the quality of the processed image at 50% and 100% resolutions go to my gallery at http://www.mattspinelli.com/gallery.html

This image is the last one in the gallery and click on the zoom to 50% and zoom to 100% links.

My site will prompt you for you viewable diagonal screen size to be able to tell you what size print the crop shown represents. On my 19" LCD, The 50% crop represents a 13.4" x 16.7" print. and since 10x13 is my stated maxium I think I am okay. However, the 100% crop looks a bit muddy.

Let me know what you guys think. And thanks for the compliments.