Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 20, 2006, 3:30 PM   #11

Hello Bahadir, really lovely shots, I hope you don't mind but i have tweaked you pic #2 by altering the brightness/ contrast + colour balance, i also removed the strange blue sphere shape at the base of the 3rd tree from the right??. Loooks like a really tranqual place for a walk (if a little warm for us "blue"Brits):lol:. Keep up thegood work. Graham
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:52 PM   #12

Quote:
I hope you don't mind but i have tweaked you pic #2
No, not at all, Graham.I always consider editing a way of taking pleasure from the image, which is a means of complimenting the shooter :-)I do appreciate your effort and time you spared. One can feelyour boost! Still, hope you don't mind me verbally editing your edit a little..In the first place, the increased brightness caused the almost white skytend to appear overexposed partially devouring some of the fine details of the branches networking againist the sky. Secondly, the lightbeamsalso seem tobe deprived oftheir penetrating role a little if not remarkably. However I liked your edit. Ah especially your removing the blue sphare, possibly the coat of our ladyfriend, is a sign ofappreciable observation skill.Thank you Graham!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 8:32 PM   #13

Beautiful captures as always, Bahadir!! Thank you for showing more beauty of your area. I never imagined Turkey to have such lush greens. The shot of the sunrays is just awesome....truly breathtaking! Thanks again for expanding my view of this wonderful planet of ours!

Ron

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:23 PM   #14

I love the third shot Bahadir. I am very fond of dark foregrounds and lighter backgrounds - the silhouette effect is one of my favorites. And I must say I prefer your original #2, for the reasons you gave. The sunbeams weren't as dramatic in the edit. But an interesting concept from Graham.

I too am amazed at the greenery in your mountains. The movie scenery of Turkey is always brown and stark - when will I learn not to trust Hollywood for anything, even truthful renditions of locations! Nice to have a beautiful gulf on one side of you and those mountains on the other!

MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:29 AM   #15

Ron,I am happy again to have received another kind comment from you! Hope I'll be able to capture some more sunrays in the approaching winter

Quote:
I never imagined Turkey to have such lush greens...
Yeah, that lush green and piercing blueAnatoliais callingyou!

.................................................. .................................................. ..
Quote:
I love the third shot Bahadir
Somehow, I knew you'd like it before even posting it! I think I'm starting tounderstand your taste putin the following statement,as well as inyour shots so far
Quote:
I am very fond of dark foregrounds and lighter backgrounds - the silhouette effect is one of my favorites..
On the other hand I am surprised to hear you hada similarimpression with Ron about Anatolia beingbrown and stark. Turkey which has a widerange of climate and geography,performs 75% of world's hazelnut production and thus places first in the world, after all. Thebiggest hazelnut producer in the US is the state of Oregon which gives an idea about the climateand hazelnut relation
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:25 AM   #16

My lack of knowledge knows no bounds; fortunately my love of learning is boundless as well. This is such a delightful way to learn about so much: photograhy, geography, humanity, and on and on.....

PS When I looked up Anatolia on Google maps, it took me to Germany.... Oh dear. Guess I'll have to go back to the old fashioned printed word.
MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:23 PM   #17

Bahadir, these are really nice indeed especially the second one, but I'm just repeating what other people have already said, so I'll shut up now :-)

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:34 PM   #18

Quote:
My lack of knowledge knows no bounds; fortunately my love of learning is boundless as well
MsPuck, the same applies to me I think:-)...And this is where philosophy orlove of knowledge starts!

.................................................. ...............................

John, thank you foryour feedback which has alwaysbeen a joyto see!

Quote:
but I'm just repeating what other people have already said, so I'll shut up now :-)
Oh,please don't!

Old Nov 21, 2006, 6:09 PM   #19

Lovely shots all! Each one offers something a little different. Thanks for sharing your corner of the world. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:20 PM   #20

Donna, so glad Icaptureda place to serve as a microcosm in my corner of the worldwhich we could enjoysharing