Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 19, 2006, 2:40 PM   #1

Two stitchworks from today's hiking shots.

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2006, 2:42 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Nov 19, 2006, 3:08 PM   #3

Both very nice!
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 3:29 PM   #4

Thank you! I'm still having the odour of the campfire on me
Old Nov 19, 2006, 5:19 PM   #5

Very pretty shots! I like the second one the best. What mountains are those?
Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 5:37 PM   #6

Both beautiful shots. I too, like the second one - the sunlight coming thru the trees is so beautiful. I've often tried to capture that and have not had success.

Nothing better than the smell of campfire IMO!!! I've got a balsam candle burning next to me and it reminds me of piney, woodsy campfires. Goes with your second photo so well.

MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:36 PM   #7

#2 is very evocative with the sun streaming through the trees! Top marks!!
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:12 AM   #8

Gallatin, thank you for the feedback! In fact I was not going to send that second one. Now, I'm glad I did it Btw, this is called Mahmut mountain, some 30 miles from my home in Izmir. In fact most ofthe mountainis hidden behind the mist, including its 5000 ft. beautiful peak..

.................................................. ...........................

MsPuck, I'm so pleased to read your commentary! In fact, there's no photographing machine like human eye since there'salways a comprimise while trying to capture what you actually see mostly owing to the poor dynamic range of the camera Happy if I can only convey a pale reminder of thereal experience! My setting for this shot was: Av:4.5 Tv:1/80 Iso:50 metering: center weighted by my good old S70 powershot

Ah,speaking aboutcampfires, I usually have to make two sincekids often tend to intervene the main one:GAnd what is more, there's hardly any better parfume for men than its smell, IMO :!:

.................................................. .................................................. ...

lesmore49, thank you for yourkind wordsindicating your favourite one!

.................................................. ...........................................

So, I'm encouraged toattach#3 from thevery hike for your appreciation!

Attached Images

Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:00 AM   #9

Bahadir,

I love the shots you've shared with us. I trust you had a great time hiking onthe weekend.... weather looks like it was favourable!! Were you accompanied by anyone... or just your camera/s?

The first one contains some lovely colours (are they yellow flowers in the foreground?) I notice some banding in the sky.. maybe as a result of JPEG or camera limitations (or my screen?).... the 2nd one I also just LOVE the way the beams / shadows cut through the smoke / mist (very beautiful, and yet eerie feeling!)

Third (later posted one) is good too, but I prefer the 2nd one the most I think as there seems too much dark foreground (though yes it does make a nice silhouette!). The 2nd photo is also special the way the trees seem to meet / bend together at the top!

Lovely shots, again!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 3:07 PM   #10

Paul, it's always nice to hear from you! You're absolutely right about the weather... It was so great! Ah I wasfully accompanied by my kids, my wife and a lady friend of ours Even so,we walked a lot, I meanabout 1/3 of the mountain:lol:I remember I could reach the summit in 2 hours and 5 minutes...Btw, the yellow thingies in the foreground arethe leaves of the bush at the front. Meanwhile,I could notdetect the bandings in the sky youspeak of...But if I look long enough at the screenI start to see some other imperfections:-)Anyway, I'd be glad if you help me to find them. Might be sun rays hitting the lens...
Quote:
Third (later posted one) is good too, but I prefer the 2nd one the most I think..
Once I again I'm happy not to have given up the idea o posting it The beams are indeed the Unique Selling Point of that shot!

Afterthese shots I started to change my priority from sharp image to greater dynamic rangein my prospective DSLR!! Have you seen the D50 and Digital rebel xt comparison in sample images of Steve's D50 review? The details in shadow areasare still more visible in D50 outputs even though I tried decreasing the brightness in them !