Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 22, 2006, 5:49 AM   #1

Hello all!

A quick post... here is a photo from a few years ago I touched up, from the Black Sea at Constanta, Romania. Taken with my Fuji point and shoot F601.

I liked the way the shade umbrellas and shadows played together for the pattern / symmetry.

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:53 PM   #2

I remember some other beautiful images you shot with this camera! Maybe you can pass it to Jr. Paul some years later

Very nice symmetry there indeed.. Maybe amilestone inyour photograpyexperience when you seriously started to concern about the problemsof composition and exposure...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 3:55 AM   #3

I like it Paul. The unusual combination of angular geometry and beach in a well composed pic makes it more than your average photo.

Cheers,
Ollie
Ollie@Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:11 PM   #4

Very nice shot Paul, well seen.If you don't mind i have (very crudely) i admit, removed a few, IMO, distracting features from the shot in Photoshop7. FirstI took out the prominentbush as i feel it draws the eye away from the lovely symmetry of the shot!, i then removed the, what look like sun bed stacks, from the middle section. this is by no means a very good attempt at manipulation( see John maddock or Reanimator for this !!) but i hope you can see what i wished to convey in my interpretation of you cool shot. Graham
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 5:24 PM   #5

I kind of liked the stacks and bush. It gave the symmetry a place to start.
Macanudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 11:58 AM   #6

Hello macanudo, i see your point (wouldn't it be boring if we all saw things the same:-)) I personally feel that the idea of symmetry means there is no starting point or for that matter a finishing point rather a continious scan over a given view! Graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 1:55 AM   #7

pj, nice shot i also like the shaddows under the umbrellas, looks like a nice beach people should be there enjoying themselves.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:07 AM   #8

Thanks ALL for your comments... I've been away from regular internet time the last few days.... hence my delay in replying to your posts.

I appreciate all your thoughts (and the edit). OK, so I won't reply individually... but just to say I think it's great that in a forum like this we can have different inputs and still respect (& see) each others' points and learn and gain new perspectives.

The beach was at the end of the "Romanian" sea-time season (beginning of September)... thus the beach was quite disserted... and this photo was taken at 08:30 in the morning... so I was pretty much alone at this stage. Hence the chance for this photo.

I like the edit, though I also like the small distractions of the bush and stacked beach chairs too... hmmm..

Thanks again all for your input.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote