Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:57 AM   #1
Default New panoramas

I've uploaded some panormams onto my web site that I thought I'd share. They were all taken with my Oly C-730 and stiched using Panorama Factory; a tool that I cannot praise enough. To view them properly you can visit my panorama's album.

The first is a huge 18 photo panorama that I did at 10 optical zoom looking into over the English border into Wales. On the page linked to above there are a few different sizes available because the full sized one is so huge and can take a long time to download. There is an even bigger version on my PC, but it's so big that users of Photoshop wouldn't be able to open it so I didn't bother posting it.

The second is a photo taken from the same location as the one above, but this time it is taken at just a little over 1 zoom. The preview below is cropped quite a lot and the actual image is quite a lot wider.

The final one I want to mention (although there are many more on the page linked above) is a panorama of a sunset which I was happy with. It was the first time I'd tried to take sunset photos so there was a lot of trial-and-error but I think the final result was worth it.

Let me know what you think, and please give me any help or tips you can think of to improve in the future. I'd especially like to know of ways that I can match the exposure over a number of frames without using the camera's panorama mode. The big 18-frame pano above took quite a bit of editing to make sure the frames all looked right before I could stitch it together. I know there is a "AEL" button on the camera, but this only locks the exposure for one frame and then it changes it automatically again.

Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2003, 12:49 PM   #2

The crane one's good but most of the others are just a record of where I've been with nothing of any real interest for others - most of mine are like that.

They lack that unique quality that makes an ordinary pic into something special - you're not alone.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2003, 1:39 PM   #3

Spot on, I think that is a ptobably a flaw of many amateur photographers like myself.

Thanks for the input, I'm always looking for bits of information like that which make me think a little more when taking photos. I rarely contemplate about how a photo will grab the attention of people who were not with me at that time, but it's something I'd like to keep in mind more in the future.

The crane has always been my favourite on the page, but I've never been able to put my finger on exactly why. It might be because it has a definate subject (like the sunset one which I also like), I suppose that all the others are just a big spread of greenary to anyone except myself and my friends, who live in that area and can relate to it.

Thanks again - Ed
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote