Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:57 AM   #1

The last two photographsmight as well be consideredmacro landscapes.

This is my first post in this great and breathtaking"landscape photographic forum". :-)I have always been fascinated by all the breathtaking landscape photos in this forum, and I decided that I should begin postingmy photos in hereas well. (It is also no coincidence that I like landscape photography a lot, as they arealways the ones thatinspired me the most)

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:33 AM   #2

Here are more landscape photos from me to add to the collection above.

I have never used to post photos in this forum (In general)before, but some members were rather interested to see my photos; so here they are. (The respective place to put them in)

In addition, here isalso the prove that I DO take pictures (Including the onesabove). (For those who say that I only pixel peep) :-)

Enjoy.

Old Nov 29, 2006, 1:39 PM   #3

Hi, Benjamin –

I am by NO means a landscape expert, but like you, I love looking at them! I especially enjoy seeing different parts of the world like Malaysia, as in your case here. I haven't been brave enough yet to try night exposures in digital, though. In your set, number three was my favorite; although I also appreciate the muted, almost magical colors in the center of #9.

Cheers! Ria

(P.S. I am not really qualified to make any critique, but I did want to say that the eleven pictures you posted here took a very long time to load. That might be harder for some people with slower connections to be able to view or comment on them.)

RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 2:56 PM   #4

Quote:

Hi, Benjamin –

I am by NO means a landscape expert, but like you, I love looking at them! I especially enjoy seeing different parts of the world like Malaysia, as in your case here. I haven't been brave enough yet to try night exposures in digital, though. In your set, number three was my favorite; although I also appreciate the muted, almost magical colors in the center of #9.

Cheers! Ria

(P.S. I am not really qualified to make any critique, but I did want to say that the eleven pictures you posted here took a very long time to load. That might be harder for some people with slower connections to be able to view or comment on them.)
Thanks. :-)Feel free to comment my images above as you like; I am open.

The first set ofphotoswas captured with the saturation, contrast, and sharpness turned down to -1 on my camera. (So that might probably be the cause for the muted colors) I like muted colors though.

P.S., next time I will remember to upload my images as click-ablethumbnails instead.

Regards.

---
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:43 AM   #5

Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:45 AM   #6

Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:49 AM   #7

It's nice to be back. Here are more cityscape/landscape shots takenfrom my bedroom window or balcony. (Except the second last one)

Enjoy.

Old Mar 3, 2007, 4:24 AM   #8

I feel that the daytime landscape shots are much easier to achievecompared tothe night time landscapeones. (Maybe that is the reason whymostpeople prefer to capturelandscape shotsin the daytime?: P) (Kidding)

Hope you enjoy my shots.

(Above): This is a shot of my neighborhood out of my bedroom window from the twenty-first story. :-) (Yup, in the light of the day this time) There are nice semi D's and terrace houses in the region.

Looking out of my window further up is the formal capital city of Malaysia known as K.L. or Kuala Lumpur >>>

Not much of the city can be seen from here, although the Patronas Twin Towers & the K.L. towershould be quite visible; my 3x optical zoom is definitely not bringing the city much closer. (I will try to capture the city in the daytime.) Now the capital city of Malaysia is known as Putra Jaya. (Afuturistic city with many hi-tech buildings, water frontsand bridges.)

Incidentally in the first shot, (Near the top left of the rules of third) there is also something that I like very much. (One that forced me to use the digital zoom to get in closer) >>>

Yup, it is just a distance condo on the hill. :-)But I somehow like it's appearance when the sky gets dark. (With all those erratic lookinglights etc...) Theimpact can only bepresent when I capture it at night.

Now, this is one of the "Cable" stray bridges in Putra Jaya. (The capital city) The rest of the shots that I have taken in Putra Jaya would belong to the architecture forum. :-)

Finally, thiswas a shot that I took while waiting for my mum. :-)This is my college sidewalk.

*None of my photos (Since the start) have been post processed in any way.*
Old Mar 3, 2007, 8:17 AM   #9

Benjamin, in the first place I should say I do appreciate your enthusiasm ! Nevertheless, I'll have to second Ria's opinionas follows;
Quote:
... but I did want to say that the eleven pictures you posted here took a very long time to load. That might be harder for some people with slower connections to be able to view or comment on them.)
....what is more,if you post them three by three or four by four at most, we'll be able to do more justice to each image rather than very general expressions such as 'nice series' or 'beautiful shots' : )

Anyway, here I did some highlight adjustment and clonned out the the heavy wires to eliminate some elementsI find to be distracting onthe long exposure shotof yours, whichactually appealed to me. Hope you don't mind; )

Btw, the 21st !!! image is also worthy of appreciation...
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 8:41 AM   #10

Good edit Bahadir, nice picture series. By the way I have noticed some

problems with the host service imageshack yesterday and today, this

I remember has happened before, and was sorted out within a few days

probably some maintenance going on somewhere on the network and

causing glitches from the server.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote