Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:32 PM   #1

Haven't posted a shot for awhile so I thought I would put up a sunrise at the lake from this summer. Not nearly as good as Bob's sunrises, but then I'm not as good as Bob with the camera! Wasn't much in the sky for clouds that morning and took a bunch at different settings when I saw a couple guys getting ready to go fishing a few docks over and thought of Bob's great pics of his fishermen going home for the day and I produced this shot that pales in comparison. F5.6, 1/400, ISO 200.
Bob's shot that inspired:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=8

Attached Images

GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2007, 6:25 PM   #2

Hi Cubs! Very nice work!!! I am truely honored and humbled, and owe much to you guys on this forum!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:30 PM   #3

The eye is immediately drawn to that red sun, and then quickly pulled across the image to the fisherman.

Very effective.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:05 AM   #4

Thetitle reminded me 'Being John Malkovich' which I really liked

The reflection of the sun intersectingthe trace left behindby the boat on the water gives such a tranquil feeling...The parallel cloud patterns (which are somehow difficult todistinguish at first) in the sky starting from the top frame anddiminishing towards the horizon due to foreshortening,reinforce the sense of movement in the image alsoYou might crop off slightly from the lefthandsideto accentuate the movement IMO...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:24 PM   #5

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hi Cubs! Very nice work!!! I am truely honored and humbled, and owe much to you guys on this forum!

Bob
Thanks Bob, I'm glad you liked it. I'll make you a deal, you keep posting great works that inspire and I'll keep drinking copious amounts of Coke and Coke Zero.:?

Quote:
The eye is immediately drawn to that red sun, and then quickly pulled across the image to the fisherman. Very effective
Glad you enjoyed it Barbarian, thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
The title reminded me 'Being John Malkovich' which I really liked The reflection of the sun intersecting the trace left behind by the boat on the water gives such a tranquil feeling...The parallel cloud patterns (which are somehow difficult to distinguish at first) in the sky starting from the top frame and diminishing towards the horizon due to foreshortening, reinforce the sense of movement in the image alsoYou might crop off slightly from the lefthandside to accentuate the movement IMO...
Thanks for the feedback Bahadir, always appreciate hearing your opinions. When I hit the lotto and become an eccentric millionaire can I hire you and pay in camera equipment to narrate my life story on the biography channel? You have a better grasp and use of the English language than most! Thanks again.

Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:57 PM   #6

GoCubs wrote:
Quote:
When I hit the lotto and become an eccentric millionaire can I hire you and pay in camera equipment to narrate my life story on the biography channel? You have a better grasp and use of the English language than most! Thanks again.
SettledDon't have to be rich, mate! Let's talk about the camera equipment andif I'll be able to find my favourite brand of beer'Efes' therewhile working on the project:G
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Settled Don't have to be rich, mate! Let's talk about the camera equipment and if I'll be able to find my favourite brand of beer 'Efes' there while working on the project:G
Great!! Which Efes do you prefer, Pilsner, Light or Dark? Maybe I could order it and have it shipped in special for ya! I enjoy all different kinds of beer, but lately have been leaning towards Darks, but you won't hear me turn down an offer of something else.:G Maybe you could even bring along a couple of bottles of the famous Bahadir wine to share over supper.... AAhhhnice to imagine it for awhile, oh for unlimited funds and time!:-D
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:37 PM   #8

GoCubs wrote:
Quote:
Great!! Which Efes do you prefer, Pilsner, Light or Dark? Maybe I could order it and have it shipped in special for ya!
Dazzled by your generous offerThink I have room for each regardingspecific occasions:-)
Quote:
I enjoy all different kinds of beer, but lately have been leaning towards Darks..
That's Barbarian's choice also! Are you Celt oriented, too Hopethat doesn't mean long negligence of Blonds :-)
Quote:
Maybe you could even bring along a couple of bottles of the famous Bahadir wine to share over supper.
Then we could discuss which one(beer or wine)existed firstthroughout the human experience...Would even teach you how to make it if you please

Quote:
AAhhhnice to imagine it for awhile...
To imagine! which is vital for the artist like bread and wine....