Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:53 PM   #21

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir!

"...masses. You can compare the works of Venetian and Florentine paintersin this regard"

How would you describe the difference, especially regarding "masses"?

(There are painters at the swedish west coast that describe the low mountains along the coast as _both_ very heavy _and_ very light as if they were made of papier maché and that this makes very difficult to work. On the other hand - it is a challenge to them. Often they succeed to mediate this dualism with great results)

Asgård drinking mjöd - why not?

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:05 PM   #22

Really nice! I like how there the light in the sky contrasts with the near darkness at ground level and the city lights. It all combines to make a very powerfull image. I think the lower part helps the shot. It adds perspective to show the enormity of the storm formation as it dwarfs the city.
bill.guenthner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:09 PM   #23

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
bahadir!

"...masses. You can compare the works of Venetian and Florentine paintersin this regard"
I wish you had also quoted theword I wrotejust before 'masses' which is 'colour' ; )

Quote:
How would you describe the difference, especially regarding "masses"?
Anyway, I think that's so obvious: If you compare the worksby a Florentine painter, let's sayMarriage of the Virgin by Raphael and Titain or Tintoretti from Venice. You'll find that the Florentine arranged the masses relying on symmetry while theVenetian did not hesitate to put the masses which could be regarded as lopsided but then maintained the balance in composition by means of colour, fortifying the weak side with hot colours such as some red fabrics, dress or flag, meanwhile attaininga sense of dynamism also. It seems the North of Europe was inluenced more by the Florentine schoolduring the spread of Renaissance out of Italy

Ok!that'll be allfor Art History course
Quote:
Asgård drinking mjöd - why not?
Haven't tried,but I rely on your good taste!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:15 PM   #24

bill.guenthner, thank you for your kind appreciation! In fact, it has been an excellent and concise review of my humble photo
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote