Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:01 PM   #1

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2007, 7:10 PM   #2

Hello Gallatin, those are beautiful mountains in the background! I like the photo and hope you will post more of those mountains when you get a chance.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:24 AM   #3

Gallatin,

Nice shot of Mt. Moran. I have shot a few from there also. I waited about two hours one day for the sun to come out and hit the Aspens in front of me and the top of Mt. Moran at the same time. I got the shot and it is one of my favorites... I may find it for you... hmmm thinking..

Have you seen many Mooses or Moosie or what every you call Moose in the plural... *LOL*

Bill

found it.. the weather there is pretty fickle at this time of the year. Hope you don't mind my posting a pic.. if so I will gladly remove itt.. just let me know..
Attached Images

Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 1:21 AM   #4

Reallynice shot. It's a beautiful area. I wonder how many people know it's just a few miles south of Yellowstone?

And yes, I saw a ton of moose in Grand Teton. I have alot of shots as well. Here is one I was just editing. It's a snapshot and the framing is off, but you get the idea:

Old Jan 14, 2007, 1:22 AM   #5

Thanks Bob. The mountains are located inGrand Teton National Park in NW Wyoming, just a few miles south of Yellowstone National Park.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 1:53 PM   #6

Gallatin,

Nice Moose shot! I never got one that good. You will find this amusing .. I was set up to take the shot that I posted here and a Moose came out of the woods and across the road and was heading straight for me... I had the camera set up for a landskape shot on a tripod. I tried to take it off the tripod and reset everything ..to shoot the Moose... but got really bad shots. *LOL*...

You live in like northern Colorado - I think. Your location is so wonderful for photography.. the rest of us are jealous at least I am in a big way.

Keep up the wonderful photography work.

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 2:37 PM   #7

Beautiful scenery witha unique mountain at the background and appealing colours at the foregroundBtw, I should say Bill'stastefulcompositiondoes notgo unnoticed!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:25 PM   #8

Curmudgeon wrote:
Quote:
Gallatin,

Nice Moose shot! I never got one that good. You will find this amusing .. I was set up to take the shot that I posted here and a Moose came out of the woods and across the road and was heading straight for me... I had the camera set up for a landskape shot on a tripod. I tried to take it off the tripod and reset everything ..to shoot the Moose... but got really bad shots. *LOL*...

You live in like northern Colorado - I think. Your location is so wonderful for photography.. the rest of us are jealous at least I am in a big way.

Keep up the wonderful photography work.

Bill

Thanks Bill.Bummer about missing the moose shot. I really dislike when that happens, and it happens alot to me. I try to keep my zoom lens on all the time, and only change to landscape when I need to. Of course, being setup on a tripod with the wide angle makes it almost impossible to get that running animal that surprised you.

I have to say though that I live in Illinois. It's not exactly a place to be if you like shooting wild places and wildlife. The moose shot was from a national park in the Yellowston ecosystem. All of my shots are from the northern rockies (from Grand Teton in Wyoming to Glacier national park in Montana and all the national forests inbetween). I try to spend acouple weeks there every year, and that's where 99% of the stuff I take comes from.