Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:10 PM   #1

Shot today, again with my good old S70 @ Tv:1/500 Av:f/7.1; Iso:50; spot metering
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:40 PM   #2

All the elements but fire. The geologist in me wants a better look at the way that rock cleaved when broken.

Nicework, catching the highlights on the rock. Without that, it would have been a very ordinary shot.

Simple, but engaging, it is.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 7:44 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir!

Nice view and composition. Is it the coast of Izmir (Smyrna)?

(I once landed there with a boat from K*os on a hitchhiking trip through Europe, Asia and northern Africa)

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:47 AM   #4

)Hello Bahadir :-), i wouldn't describe it as "nothing special"!!," beauty is in the eye of the beholder"! and i like it, with your consent though, i did find the final image lacking the usualSpackle that yourlocal lighting usually provides, so i have played with the contrast and Hue settings to "brighten" up the image (may have overdone the unsharp mask though). Like the idea though!. Kind Regards. Grahamlocal
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:36 AM   #5

Hello bahadir, this is far from nothing special! I agree with barbarian about the light, I rally like the way you have composed this photograph!

Bob

bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 1:12 PM   #6

Quote:
All the elements but fire

:-)

Quote:
The geologist in me wants a better look at the way that rock cleaved when broken
Barbarian, I also would like to speak the language of stones as you do
Quote:
Nicework, catching the highlights on the rock. Without that, it would have been a very ordinary shot.
In fact, at first Iintended to shoot some pics. for a stitchwork of thebay on a partial cloudy day, but assunlight fell on the foreground I simply changed my mind!

Thanks for your valuable feedback as ever.

.................................................. .............................................

That's right, Torgny! It's from the coast of (I)smyrna, from the district called Guzelbahce to beexact , which is very close to my house. I see that once youwere a great wandered like your grand grand fathers Just let me know if you ever intend a re-visit. Thanks for your appreciation.

.................................................. .........

Dear Bob, I'm glad to read that this imagealsoqualifies on the grounds of composition (whichmust bethe most decisive aspect,since technique is easier to gain, IMO) with your reputableopinion: )
Old Jan 20, 2007, 1:15 PM   #7

I think I got your message, Graham. I must say I also like spicy stuff! However, since I do not own a DSLR yet I hesitate to further sharpen my images, at least, to be able to enjoy DSLR-look images:-) Nevertheless, you've tempted me to do some edit, which, I hope, would also appeal to you
Attached Images

Old Jan 20, 2007, 1:24 PM   #8

Great shot with an S70! I have an S60 and have been able to take some pretty decent pictures with it despite the lens limitations. I wonder if you have found any tricks or advice using your S70 that might be useful for me and my S60. Someday I would like to upgrade to a DSLR but it is not going to be anytime soon. Once again, nice photo and good composition.
TBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 2:49 PM   #9

So,our cameras are brothers, TBAY!Next month, I'll have been using this camera for two years andI remember having spent as much as the cost of an XT today, highly impressed by the reviews and sample shots! But no regretsIts features, whichneithersupports an optical image stabilizationnorISO values exceeding 400,supportedme to relymostly on my steady hands andon Buddhism to some extend!!:-)Anyway, I almost always use spot metering to meteroff the highlight areasof the scene to avoid blown outputs,andalso turned offmulti AF pointbut selected the central one for more control on the camerain determiningfocus.

Thank you for your kind feedback!
Old Jan 20, 2007, 3:14 PM   #10

Your picture works quite well as it is Bahadir...quite well.
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote