Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 23, 2007, 1:45 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir,

Well You don´t have to look at my pictures. Just avoid them. It´s easy.

Just trying to tell some "stories" when I post _sequenses_. Cyberspace of course is not infinite. I don´t know about the servers here at Steve´s Digicams but I think they have place for moore than one picture at a time. This might be the job for a moderator

(Please don´t gather your troops)

BTW there is a concept here in Sweden: "City landscape". I think it makes sense...

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 2:57 PM   #12

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Well You don´t have to look at my pictures. Just avoid them. It´s easy.

Well I could of course...but I preferred to speak my mind which is a more civil attitudeand moreappropriatefor the nature of forums I believe.

Btw, it was not the number of photos I criticized. You remember the 'set of photos' youpostedin Architectural Photos, about which you read my sincere appreciation only?

I think I expressed a very understandable opinion and in a fairly polite way. There's no point in expecting a moderator's push if we are to consider here 'our place'...is there?

I alsothink that it is a wrong attitudeto address Swedish, Turkish or whatsoever concepts, points ofview when criticizedrather thanseeking foruniversal ones...

Regards,

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 4:58 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir,

I for one believe in free trade in the old sense of the word. There is a massive influence from the american (popular) culture. That is not necessarily a good thing.

There are two things, coming from this minor culture, I would like to export to the rest of the world

1. Allemansrätten (that is everybody´s legal righ to freely move around in nature, regardless of who owns the land - similar to the view of the indians)

2. Sweden is a _real_ democracy (as opposed to for instance the worlds only super-power) with decision-making very near to the people.

For instance you can take part in planning and buildning of cities. We think we can access the cities in the same way as we can access and care for the nature. Hence the concept "city landscape"

In a ideal world nature and culture could be more intertwined (?), I think

What does this mean to photography? Well, to me it means freedom to go almost anywhere and take pictures of anything I want.

It also gives me the freedom to look upon cities as not opposed to, but in a sense part of nature.

Book tips of the day: Machiavelli, Il Principe

Torgny

Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:18 PM   #14

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
There is a massive influence from the american (popular) culture. That is not necessarily a good thing.

There are two things, coming from this minor culture, I would like to export to the rest of the world

1. Allemansrätten (that is everybody´s legal righ to freely move around in nature, regardless of who owns the land - similar to the view of the indians)

2. Sweden is a _real_ democracy (as opposed to for instance the worlds only super-power) with decision-making very near to the people.
The moreI read your off-topic ethnocentric words the moreI come to realize your secret agenda! So, you've appointed yourself (without anybody's consent here!) asa messiah toteach some Swedishthings to the rest of the world!! Good Luck, Northern Light!

Please understand that there's no such individual freedom whichhas no obligationto respect others'...
Quote:
What does this mean to photography? Well, to me it means freedom to go almost anywhere and take pictures of anything I want.
Good for you! Keep up the good work of challenging everything...But when you come back just remember that if one thingmeans anything, it may also mean nothing, especially if you start to confuse them:G
Quote:
Book tips of the day: Machiavelli, Il Principe
This is also one of the books I advisemy students to read...asking them not toregard Machiavelli as an evel character but as a great 'satirizer' of his age
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:08 PM   #15

bahadir!

Perhaps you can express your feelings in a private post or by e-mail. Yes, I´m one of those who wants to push the world in a better direction.

That goes especially for the nature. I think for instance that we as photo enthusiasts/newbies/professionals should contribute to the struggle for lowering the dangerous emissions of greenhouse gases.

Photography can be a weapon in that struggle. That must be a mission, don´t you think?

Of course M. was a "ironizer"

Torgny
Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:17 PM   #16

Good Lord! Your previous 'Love me or leave me!' tone of voice has changed...and now you come to invite me toexpress my feeling in private posts! Let me tell you that I consider 'feelings' as 'proto-thoughts' and therefore would rather express my 'thoughts' as you have followed, whichis more appropriatefor a man. You see how sentimental approaches may end up...Anyway,thanks foryour generous offer, andwould liketo let you knowI am ready to hearyour feelings through PM only from now on!

Now,due to the time of day here,I bid you Good Night, Northern Light...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:27 AM   #17

bahadir!

This is a discussion forum. I suppose it is not limited to discussing particular pictures. I used my brain in a rational way and wanted to diskuss:

1. Must a landscape photo be "punchy" (or perhaps have one or more punchy details)

2. Must something "happen" in a landscape photo

3. Must there be one (or more) objects (other than the landscape itself)

I said that my answer to theese questions were "no" and expected (hoped for) a little mini-discussion on the topics.

I think theese issues are important and I am always ready to re-consider. Otherwise it is no meaning in "discussing".

This is my last post on this issue. If you want to "ventilate" something you are welcome to do so, but I would prefer if you do it privately since this little arguing hardly has any public interest

I wish you a nice day with many photo opportunities

Torgny