Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:27 PM   #1

At this time of the year I see wonderful sunrises almost every day when I drive to work. But you know... you never have your camera with you, can't find a spot to shoot from, miss the moment, are already too late and thousands of other reasons to NOT take a picture.

Well - today was different. I was early at work and had like 10 minutes AND my camera with me and since these are the first sunrise pictures with my new Pentax *ist DL2 I thought I show some of them here. Nothing too special, but I had my fun running around much to the surprise of my colleques and other people passing by which wondered who that crazy guy with the camera was taking photos in the morning while everyone hurried inside because it was so cold.

Images are resized and slightly sharpened for posting.No cropping or else - this ishow I took them.

#1 I like the contrast of theblue sky and the deep fiery orange/red from the sunlit clouds, not to forget that small white trail(maybe from an airplane?)

#2 While playing around with the zoom that special view catched my eye and after some fiddling I managed to get that "half & half" shot

#3 A bit more from the wide angle: this is more a composition thingie, while #2 was more a fun pic. I picked these two trees that stood there in the rising sun like brothers and made a lovely silhouette...

#4 my favourite one - I liked these wires, the lonely car, the fine color nuances in the middle of the pic and the more dramatic reddish/blueish finish at the top. If there was something like a "sunrise blues" this would be my picture for it.

#5 "Two times red" - the traffic light and the rising sun which was just about to show above the horizon. Saw that szenery, and although I don't like that huge street light in the centre I clicked away. Sun will rise almost in the centre, a bit left in like 1 minuteafter this shot. So it was almost as if the sun waited for the traffic light to turn green.

#6 Finally - the sun met the horizon and went higher and higher. I catched the bird by pure luck - not the best photography ever - but could have been a postcard, eh?

Well - that's it. I had my fun this morning -I hope you enjoyed the pics!

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:03 AM   #2

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
Nothing too special, but I had my fun running around much to the surprise of my colleques and other people passing by which wondered who that crazy guy with the camera was taking photos in the morning while everyone hurried inside because it was so cold.
I think I know this feeling well :-)Just keep up the good work mate! Ah,I recall a wisesaying expressing thatthe way to heaven is steep and difficult andfew people lead it...Ilove sunrises and appreciate the ones who shoot them, at least, for their effort! My favourites here are the third and the last shots.Silhouettes against an awakeningskyof warm colours...

Whenever you see some clouds about the time of sunrise just grab your camera and share with us, would you?
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote