Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:50 AM   #1

Really getting the hang of this camera now,Heres a few from the past few days.

Please feel free if you wish to comment

Redsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:06 PM   #2

Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:13 PM   #3

Redsquare nice thread here. The first 2 i'am not sure if I like the bridge JMO. Is this a cropped version? I think it would be better if you had the whole bridge in the photo. The rest I like comp and colors. Well done.

MLP.
MLPhotography2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:21 PM   #4

No they are all straight off the camera with minimal pp. I just straightened the horizon abit. i tried shooting the otherside of the bridge and it just didn't look the same. But nothing a quick crop couldnt sort. I also was abit unsure whether i likedthem eitherbut it just gives us yorkshire folks a hint of where they was taken.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:22 PM   #5

Congrats on the new camera! I have had my D50 for about a year now and still can't put it down! Nice series of photos you have here, one thing I might point out is keeping your horizons level, I have a heck of a time with that and use Googles free Picasa program to level mine. I look forward to many more photos from your D40!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:29 PM   #6

Cheers Bob. I had a go in pp. but i didn't know whether to keep the bridge level or the horizon so i did one of each:lol: I honestly am addicted to the new cam. I'm also starting a photography night course at Hull college in april so might learn a thing or two there
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:30 PM   #7

I've also been considering D40 for some time. So I had good reason to examine these images I especially liked your second and fourth shots with well saturated warm colours and third shot withthegood use ofshallow DOF. You applied some (- )exposure compansation which, I think, is advicable for this model against overexposure issues at highlight areas, mainly relying on the pretty good dynamic range of the camera at shadow which could be brightened up later without sacrificing image quality. However, the first image here withoutany EV compansationalso seemsquite decent.

Thanks for sharing!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:37 PM   #8

Thanks Bahidir, I'm sure you will love the D40, I just cant put it down. My GF doesn't mind either cause its an excuse to go out for the Day:-)

What camera do you use at the minute?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 1:00 PM   #9

Oh, I'm sure I'll love it! The reviews and images on the net areconvincing enough. I once handled that sexy and handy! camera in the local retail store to compare it withmy favouritedslr Canons:lol: I'vebeen using Powershot S70 and A 510in the pasttwo years. Btw,I wonder if you agree with the EV compensation issue I mentioned above.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 1:46 PM   #10

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Redsquare,

Very nice coloUrs

You could straighten the horizons

Happy shooting

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote