Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:05 AM   #11

Love your first pic!
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:39 AM   #12

I, too, like the first one best (although, all are nice)....re: light source. It seems the blue light is from flouescent lights in bus stop/map stand or whatever that little structure is. But the overall illumination isn't just the moon (shadow angles wrong). Is it just the street lights? Did you use a flash, or other source?

My bet...long exposures with just the street lights.

Great shots!

PS. I love the lonely tire tracks in the first shot....yours?
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:10 AM   #13

Not to be any different than the rest, I too like the first one the best. I love the way the trees glow from the light behind them, magical. I like the composition and even the tire tracks add to the picture for me.

Debbie
gilbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:21 PM   #14

An impressive series. The first shot is stunning, tire tracks and all! And the way it's lit is amazing. How did you do that?
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:37 PM   #15

Great shots, everybody gets some file degradation due to resizing,

if you've been posting on the forum you soon get to realize the
effort many take, to produce such great viewable shots.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:17 PM   #16

The tree branches in your first shot almost resemble thecrystalline structure of a snowflake! Such an eye pleasingcrisp image indeed!Btw, you may expect some donation by Isuzu company owing to your last shot which looks sooo
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:15 PM   #17

My friends, I am humbled by your positive reviews regarding my photos... in a way, I feel like a journalist. The news was Mother Nature's Glory, and I was there to record it.

Torgny, et al., the source of light was several. One was the "streetlight" seen in the 4th photo, as well as its mate to the left and further back in the 1st photo. Also, as Kita pointed out, a small amount of illumination was provided by the tiny Ranger Station. Finally, the moon graced me with his nearly-full presence. All of these sources were bounced and reflected off the pristine snow. All of this, combined with long shutter times (again, spot on Kita!) conspired to produce that remarkable sky.

The bright "streetlights" were yellow/orange in color, so I adjusted the white balance accordingly.

I wished I could have stayed at the park longer; it is probably one of the least-patronized state parks in New Jersey, and is not really "groomed" as many parks are. To me, this gives the park a greater natural, unspoilt beauty. Unfortunately, the early a.m. cold snap kicked in and temperatures plummeted to around 8 deg (f) while the winds kicked up considerably. I fled to the warm comfort of home.

Bahadir, you are the 3rd person to mention my Isuzu shot in a marketing context! If only I were so lucky, and thank you!

Again, thank you all for taking the time to view and comment - it means much to me!
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:18 PM   #18

Here is a view of the same area, except from across the Musconetcong River. This photo exhibits a truer quality of light from the "streetlight".
Attached Images

Old Feb 17, 2007, 6:51 PM   #19

on photo #4, with the jeep, are you using a star filter, or did the lights naturally do that?
xfxgeforced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:28 PM   #20

Quote:
on photo #4, with the jeep, are you using a star filter, or did the lights naturally do that?
No filter, the lights actually came out that way! :-)