Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:20 PM   #1

One of many ice fishing shacks in northern Wisconsin. Practicing with my new Canon XTI....Canon 85mm, F1.8, cloudy.Bob
Attached Images

rornberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:43 PM   #2

That's a nice image whichinvitesany casualpassanger!

I only found the snow a bit overexposedtherefore did some highlight adjustment and then reduced the amount of blue at levels. Hope you don't mind : )
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the input. I do have PS elements 3, and much to learn. I don't have a lens yet that will "reach out"....what I want is too expensive right now. I also have not worked with layers as yet; I just bought a book 'Photoshop for Dummies'.

I do appreciate this forum.

Bob from Wisconsin

Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:13 PM   #4

Just let me know if you recommend the book : )Anyway, have you seen the sample photos taken with Tokina12-24 at Steve's camera review for the XTI ?That lens wouldmakea superb mate for your camera, IMO, for landscapes and architecture, and at a reasonable price when compared with others!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:29 PM   #5

Bob from Wisconsin, that photo truly leads to a story.

Bahadir, spot-on with the edit.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:36 PM   #6

Rorn I just got my XTI also with a Tamron 17-50mm 2.8. Any thing I need to know for the camera. I got the black body.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 6:15 PM   #7

Imacer: I'm just starting with this camera. I have the kit lens, 18-55, and I purchased the 85mm, F1.8, to go with it. The future lenses I'd like to have are costly, and I'm afraid I'll be sleeping in the garage if I buy one. So far I like the camera although it may bea tad small for my hands, but I knew that before I bought it. I was looking for a way to disable the flash under any circumstances, but apparently that can't be done. Surfing through the menu seems ok; I like the fact that the lcd display light goes out at eye level.....less distraction. As a novice I'm studying digital photography, and I ordered a field guide for the XTI (not yet out in print however). I've included a couple of shots I took using the 85mm lens; the basketball photo was on manual (which I've rarely used before), F2.2, ISO 1600, tweaked with Noise Ninja....the bread was F22 at ISO 100. I really appreciate this forum....maybe someday I'll be able to contribute more. Good luck with your new XTI, I'll be watching for some great Alaska photography. Bob
Attached Images

Old Feb 17, 2007, 6:16 PM   #8

Here's the 2nd one
Attached Images

Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:19 PM   #9

Ron the basketball photo is nice. I Know the grip is small for me too. I have the battery grip, it works great for me for more grip. I enjoy my camera. I just got my Tamron 17-60mm 2.8 nice lens. I also have the Tamron 28-75 2.8 and 55-200 Tamron. My next lens going to be the Canon 70-200 2.8. I might be living in the dog house in the garage too. I better go and by a helmet as well when I do ask her about the lens. Pm when ever you want. I am always on here. This website has abunch of great people with lots of help and great attitudes. People here are very helpful. It;s a great website. Take care and enjoy your camera.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:47 PM   #10

The battery grip is a good idea.....how did you get the dog photo as part of your member ID? Bob