Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:00 AM   #1

Okay, this is all Bahadir's fault! Any C&C is always welcome. It is three images stitched automatically into one with PS E4.

dumfriesdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 3:54 PM   #2

Hey, I'd own up that fault of mine voluntarily : )) Ah, if only every fault would end up so nicely...

Well,in the first placesuch agathering place of the nymphs of the woods surely makes a beautifulsubjectworthy ofworking on. As for your stitchwork, it looked like 'a dream within a dream' to me at the first sight, to such an extend that, I even considered the possibility of some deliberateness...Ah, my modest experince has taught me that following the (often unseen)verticalsand and horizontals whiletaking photosto be stitched together later, is of crucial importanceas well as making surethat those shotsare exposed almost identically! Or else a splendid stitchworkproject might turninto an inspiring patchwork!! Sadly I have many of them awaiting in the vault of 'my pictures' folder... If only I were cautious enough to carry a'lightweight' tripod with me in my Mc Gaywer's!! bag:lol:Another thingmy humble experience taught meis virtue of stitching the images manually...Icertainly do not find myselfsuperior in stitching. There are of course more competent mates in this forum.Just my opinionsearnestly intended to be shared and improved...

I hope you don't mind meproviding my'sketchy' versionin which Idecreased the blue 'bias' atPS using the Channels, did some clearingjust here and thereandintended to fix the overexposed parts : )
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:34 AM   #3

thanks for taking the trouble bahadir - i guessed the image could be improved, its something i have to get to grips with for sure. i also had a thought last night, well maybe a question - when taking a series of photo's with the intention of being stitched together, is it best to use the same exposure settings for each one, or take completely different settings for each as appropriate?

dumfriesdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:30 PM   #4

dumfriesdick wrote:
Quote:
thanks for taking the trouble bahadir - i guessed the image could be improved, its something i have to get to grips with for sure. i also had a thought last night, well maybe a question - when taking a series of photo's with the intention of being stitched together, is it best to use the same exposure settings for each one, or take completely different settings for each as appropriate?

Oh, my pleasure

As for the question (whichexposes an important issue!!), my modest personal experience says: the same eposure setting for each! Or else, despite your lengthy pp. efforts before stitching, any slightestdiffence inthe colours and even the tones might make the shotsincompatibleand therefore impossible to stitchseamlesslyConsidering your possibility of fixing the underexposed or overexposed parts after stitching itwould besaferto shoot the images a bit underexposed IMO...

Bahadır
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote