Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 31, 2007, 2:05 AM   #1

Well, this is my little world viewed from the balcony of my home whilehaving wine in winterafternoonsand breakfast in summer mornings listening to J.S. Bach : )
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2007, 2:14 AM   #2

Hey Bahadir, Great shot! Just as a thought, maybe it would be worth cropping a little of the foreground as imo it's a tad too dark. Great sky though! I'm very envious of your vista!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 2:50 AM   #3

And what a fantastic view, very nice picture and to top that off with good music and a fine glass of wine my friend στην υγεια σου (here's to good health)
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 4:39 AM   #4

great view and photo, love the sun peeking through the dark clouds, i am also green with envy of your view. I would have attempted a pano stitching with that shot aboput 4 portrait. good work
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 7:55 AM   #5

Dear Matt, you're right about the dark foreground. Yet,trying to brightening it up degraded the IQ in this case (only came up with tones of gray and a lot of noise!), probably due to the limited Dynamic range of my compact or the colours had left the ground due to the prevailing lighting conditions!!(but of course there are times I can regain the bright colours even with my compact!). As for the cropping...well it could be : )

.................................................. ..

@Hercules: Pare ena karakle e katiste konda mou! I believe you'll understand despite my spelling mistakes : ) (take a chair and sit near me!)
Evharisto!

@ bill43210: Actually, the peeking sunlight was an essential component of the image I intended to convey. Glad, to hear that it has worked!
Btw, the photos I stitched were not portrait orientation, but it is the 4:3 aspect ratio of compacts rather than the 3:2 of most DSLRs which make the final image look somewhat taller I think.
Thank you for the kind feedback!
Old May 31, 2007, 8:04 AM   #6

What a wonderful view you have. I can smell the morning coffee on the balcony.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 5:54 AM   #7

Wonderful capture of a very moody sky. I like the patch of bringt sky in the upper left of the picture, sort of offers hope of clear skies ahead.
Joe B.
joenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 6:04 AM   #8

bahadir wrote
Quote:

@Hercules: Pare ena karakle e katiste konda mou! I believe you'll understand despite my spelling mistakes : ) (take a chair and sit near me!)
Evharisto!
Yes i understood bahadir, which is better than anything i could say in Turkish
Old Jun 4, 2007, 8:37 AM   #9

JDar wrote:
Quote:
What a wonderful view you have. I can smell the morning coffee on the balcony.
Thank you for your appreciation! I always have coffee to offer a traveller coming from far away,and not on empty stomach for sure : )

.................................................. .......................................

@ Joe B. Thanks for yourinspiring words! Seems like you're one of those who can read what's written on the wind: )

.................................................. ......................................

@ Hercules : So nice to hear from you again! Ah, don't hesitate tousethesephrases or words you know inTurkish from time to time : ) You know, we have many common words in use like Manav (green grocer) and Karpuz (water melon)...mmmmm yummy:-)

Old Jun 4, 2007, 8:43 AM   #10

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
JDar wrote:
@ Hercules : So nice to hear from you again! Ah, don't hesitate tousethesephrases or words you know inTurkish from time to time : ) You know, we have many common words in use like Manav (green grocer) and Karpuz (water melon)...mmmmm yummy:-)

Well would you look at thatKarpuzi and manavi in Greek almost the same my freind now i know 2 words in Turkish so in your language there is no i great